It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2005, 05:18 PM   #1
(female)

skewch HB User
new thyroid levels..your thoughts on why ?

Well, it's been almost exactly 4 months since my subtotal thyroidectomy and since the surgery my lab results have steadily become normal. I just got off the phone with dr. office and got my TSH and FT4 levels, and to me, they are showing signs of hyper....just great, and here I thought I was feeling pretty good!

Quick recap on labs:

TSH normal ranges are: 0.30-5.50,
FT4 normal ranges are: 9.0-19.0

3 weeks post op TSH 20.90, FT4 8.3

3 months, 3 weeks post op TSH 0.18, FT4 20.6 (last weeks' blood results)

I have been on the exact same meds 100mcg of eltroxine (levothyroxine) since day 13 after surgery)

Do you think it's premature to assume that the little bits of thyroid tissue are starting to function? I have told my husband lately that I feel some pressure in my neck where the little bits of tissue (size of half a thumbnail) were left in. I am concerned only because I have Hashi's and before my surgery this thyroid grew extremely fast and if I still have tissue, could it be growing/swelling from attacks? I will ask my endo whenever she phones me, she hasn't called in a couple weeks. I'd like to get an ultrasound done too..

Anyways, what do you guys think of my labs? Do you think they'll just watch my labs to see what happens? I definitely don't want to go through a hyper phase for too long...I finally feel good...oooh this is frustrating!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-14-2005, 05:30 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

Changedusername HB User
Re: new thyroid levels..your thoughts on why ?

Those numbers look pretty darn good to me for being so early still into the recovery. You might end up with a smidgeon less T4, like 88 mcg, but that might be too little for you. It looks like 92 mcg might be just right : )

Your thyroid, whatever is left, can contribute to to the cause I would imagine. Any bit of thyroid has a tendency tro really put out the juice when it needs to, which can be beneficial as you can get a little extra when your body needs it....you still have a minute regulatory process left, which is good.

If you don't feel too hyper, I would try to let it settle a little longer. You are certainly not "totally" hyper and that number could fluctuate a little too.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-14-2005, 06:12 PM   #3
(female)

skewch HB User
Re: new thyroid levels..your thoughts on why ?

Thanks Nasty! I know I feel pretty ok for now, but I only get my thyroid levels done once a month, but my endo might want to check them again earlier than a month from now. I still get my calcium levels checked on a weekly basis, and tomorrow I am going for my weekly draw.

My thyroid levels as of last week are worse than they were before my surgery so that's why I'm a little concerned. I don't want to go lesser on my meds, because I actually feel good. I know that I have been progressively getting better, and the last two thyroid tests have been "perfect" as my endo has put it. So we'll see when I talk to her what she thinks. I guess if I feel good, I shouldn't worry too much.

So how've you been feeling lately? Any word on if you'll be getting yours removed?

Closed Thread