It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2005, 07:01 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

irys HB User
How is everyone feeling today?

Me? Pretty terrible. Temp this morning was 94.1. I fell asleep at a stop light on the way to work today too. So far this 60mg (Armour) isn't doing jack for me - but it's only been 2 days since I've upped my dose. Hopefully this doesn't continue.. I'm running out of sick time at work.

Old 06-15-2005, 07:20 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

pixiek HB User
Re: How is everyone feeling today?

Hi IRYS: not a good day for me either! Day 8 on Armour 90, and FOGGY....ugh....what can I say...I say rip the thing out but that wouldn't help either....time to put some perfume on...aroma therapy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-15-2005, 07:21 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Lady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB User

Oh my, it seems as though you are getting worse. I have an idea for you. Go to the ER and tell them how bad you feel.

Usually they give your doctor a call about your health. Then your doc would be a little worried about getting in trouble over not treating you properly.

This may be a bad idea, but I think it would "get the ball rolling".

Old 06-15-2005, 07:26 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

irys HB User

Lady50 - it DOES seem like I'm getting worse. My boyfriend says he thinks I'm almost more symptomatic than before. I think he's right. Maybe Armour isn't right for me - or maybe I've just been on too low of a dose for too long.

I'm not sure about going to the ER - I hesitate because I know how doctors are with thyroid problems. I'm more upset that my coworkers/boss don't understand that I'm really completley out of it today. It's 85* outside and I have a hoody sweatshirt on over my t-shirt, jeans, and a blanket draped around me. You think they'd get a clue.

pixiek - I'm ready to take mine out too. ugh. If it only helped!

Old 06-15-2005, 07:26 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

pixiek HB User

many good things can come from bad ideas!

Old 06-15-2005, 07:30 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

irys HB User

I think if I'm still feeling poorly tomorrow I'll give the doc a call and play stupid for a little bit, and ask how quickly I should start to feel a difference from the increased meds. Tuesday I was feeling ok. that was day 1 of the increase.. tomorrow I might be ok too...

this back and forth bull **** is what makes me crazy.

Old 06-15-2005, 08:35 AM   #7
Inactive
(female)

merrillin HB User

irys,
Oh can I understand the cold issue! I wear the same get ups myself and everyone looks at me like I am crazy. Last week at hubby's softball game it was in the upper 80's and I had on a hoody jacket and everyone on the bleachers was asking me if I was crazy! NO, I am not crazy, I am SICK!!!!!!!

I feel like you, just rip the dang thing out!

I am feeling good symptom wise today, but I have the achy feeling in my thyroid/nodule area. I hate that too.

Karen

Old 06-15-2005, 09:06 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

irys HB User

One of the girls I work closely with in my office is newly pregnant. Everyone totally caters to her "oh how are you feeling today! Do you need to go home and get some extra sleep?" Now, don't get me wrong - she absolutley has the right not to feel well, etc. But as I sit next to her completley huddled up in blankets with my head in my hands on a daily basis.. *sigh* it's amazingly frustrating.

I'm sitting here in tears (at work mind you, my coworkers must think I'm nuts) because this just sucks. I just don't have it in me to sit here and work anymore. I can't take much more time off work without fearing losing my job. I can't cut back my hours because I'm barely making it financially as it is.

something has to give here.

Last edited by irys; 06-15-2005 at 09:57 AM.

Old 06-15-2005, 10:04 AM   #9
Inactive
(female)

merrillin HB User

Irys,
I understand your frustration and personally I could not hold down a job right now if I had to so I understand that issue as well.

Hang in there..............

Karen

Old 06-15-2005, 10:24 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

irys HB User

I'm tryin.

I just put a call in to my doc to ask how quickly I can see results from the increase. I'll play dumb for a little while just so she's aware that I feel like I've been hit by a bus.

Old 06-15-2005, 11:46 AM   #11
Senior Veteran

AprilPow HB User

I actually feel pretty good. My hair is still falling out but I am not as tired anymore. Its still rough getting up in the morning, but I can't complain really. I am on 125 mcg of levoxyl and my doc wrote to tell me I need an increase. Which I won't mind. My tsh is 3.8 at this point. I didn't ask for my t4, I figured I am hypo but it doesn't matter at this point since my doc said I still need more meds.

I hope everyone feels better soon- hang in there.

April

Closed Thread