It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2005, 01:29 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Lady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB User
Unhappy I am a bit hyper!!

My symptoms are nervousness, hand tremor, slight headache, itchy red palms, fast pulse, temperature goes up to 99. Ugggh!! Cutting back on Armour dose.

Just a neverending battle after RAI.

Old 06-15-2005, 02:14 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

Changedusername HB User
Re: I am a bit hyper!!

That sucks. Im going through the same exact thing. Pulse 108 most of this morning and body temp 99.6. High BP too and shakey and nervous...tremor too in my legs. I seem to go through this crap every summer for some reason. Hope you feel better. To think I used to actually love summer.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-15-2005, 02:37 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

shellshocked HB User

Sorry you're both experiencing hyper. It sounds like not too much fun.
Does your doctor give you a one pill one dose prescription, or does he give you more of the smaller doses, so if you go hyper you can adjust your dose?

Old 06-15-2005, 03:47 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Lady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB User

I was in the same situtation as on soccerspeeds post that says Vent. So I was so darn tired and fed up that I had to take matters into my own hands.

I made the mistake of upping my Armour 1 grain instead 1/2 or 1/4. Now I am paying for it, but it will pass.

Old 06-15-2005, 05:35 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

pixiek HB User

Now, Lady50, with that experience under your belt you will be able to give great advice to others!

Last edited by pixiek; 06-16-2005 at 03:23 AM.

Old 06-15-2005, 05:58 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Yeah, I'm a guinea pig right? LOL No we all are haha!!

I found a group that has been very supportive to me with natural thyroid. These boards are the first place I found in my time of need and very depressed from the terrible hypo after RAI. Great support here

You know you get depressed with hypo or hyper Geeeez!! I am going to find something to make me sleep like a baby tonight.

Actually I only took my morning dose of 11/2 grains of generic Armour, skipped my afternoon dose and I am feeling better but ready to go to sleep.

Old 06-15-2005, 06:07 PM   #7
Inactive
(male)

Changedusername HB User

If this disease doesn't FRIGGIN kill me I don't know what will. Before Im sitting around all day with tremors and 108 beats per minute pulse, shaking and tremoring like friggin little convulsions and about 3 hours or so ago, the tremors left just as fast as they came on, the world lit up, I was happy, I felt great, took my son to the park.

I just don't get it!!!!! I am on death's door one minute and just like that the evil spirits leave my body it seems and Im fine. What the hell is going on. I feel 100% perfect right now. Not a tremor to be had. Happy, upbeat. Its seriously like 2 totally different people. I hope this crap doesnt turn out to be bipolar or something after all is said and done. I am lost. I have exhausted my research and cannot find anything that can logically explain this. My hypo labs yet almost always hyper symptoms.

I think I need a checkup from the neck up.

Old 06-15-2005, 06:41 PM   #8
Inactive
(female)

shellshocked HB User

nasty---
Glad you're feeling better. I'm going to a psych. n.p right now---the first thing she asked me was if I thought there was a possibility of being bi-polar. I told her no. She asked me again and I said no. The third time she asked me I said that it could be a possibility---but why would the right dose of thyroid medication "cure" the bi-polar symptoms? I don't think I'm bi-polar, but there are days when people would think so.
I hope you have more good times than bad.

Old 06-16-2005, 05:26 AM   #9
Inactive
(male)

Changedusername HB User

Thanks. I never heard of bipolar giving you tremors and a 108 pulse for 5 days which happens to correlate with pain in the the thyroid area before disappearing like magic - the pain, the swelling, the high pulse, the tremors....everything still gone for right now.

I think for me personally surgery is going to be my only way to "get a life". I've been dealing with this "odd clinical case" that I seem to have for 2.5 years now and looking back, it might have been the last 20. I got my first "panic attack/hyper" attack at age 20, Im now 34. Nothing has changed since then other then the frequency and intensy of the attacks, probably due to the fact that I am beat up from all these years of hypo/hyper.

I hope one day for all of us, thyroid is more heavily researched and problems become a thing of the past. It seems like some sort of transplant should be pretty easy you would think. Maybe someday.

Lady, I hope you too are feeling better.

Old 06-16-2005, 12:44 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Well my adrenal crash is getting better. Today I do not have the shaky hands. I still have the red itchy palms. My heartbeat has slowed down.

Instead of 3 grains I am taking 2 1/2 grains for awhile, while checking basal temps.

Old 06-16-2005, 02:28 PM   #11
Inactive
(male)

Changedusername HB User

Lady, do you feel really "vascular" when hyper? Im trying to identify my deal and being that you are more certainly hyper when you say you are because you know your problem, you are good to ask.

I get weird stuff. For one I notice my exhales are a little shakey sounding, like I can't breath out slow and smoothly but rather in sort of chunky increments, but my inhales are fine. Next, my sinuses totally open up and I can breath exceptionally well. Do you get a sense of every nerve in your system is heightened? I don't know how to quite explain it but the only thing I can really compare it to would be an illicit drug, like speed or meth (either of which I have never done by the way).

Im curious if you could in detail describe all the little quirks and nuiances you feel when hyper. I got an endo appointment tomorrow morning to address the fairly new tremor issue. Im also getting a lot of on and off numbing/tingling in my hands and feet. It seems to switch off to different appendages during the course of a day and doesn't last too long thankfully, but Im sure its not a good thing.

Old 06-17-2005, 04:44 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nastyhashi
Lady, do you feel really "vascular" when hyper? Im trying to identify my deal and being that you are more certainly hyper when you say you are because you know your problem, you are good to ask.

I get weird stuff. For one I notice my exhales are a little shakey sounding, like I can't breath out slow and smoothly but rather in sort of chunky increments, but my inhales are fine. Next, my sinuses totally open up and I can breath exceptionally well. Do you get a sense of every nerve in your system is heightened? I don't know how to quite explain it but the only thing I can really compare it to would be an illicit drug, like speed or meth (either of which I have never done by the way).

Im curious if you could in detail describe all the little quirks and nuiances you feel when hyper. I got an endo appointment tomorrow morning to address the fairly new tremor issue. Im also getting a lot of on and off numbing/tingling in my hands and feet. It seems to switch off to different appendages during the course of a day and doesn't last too long thankfully, but Im sure its not a good thing.
You explained my symptoms very well. I also get the staring look in my eyes.
Can't sleep worth a dang.

I was doing great until I decided to up the Armour by one grain. That is too hard on the adrenals and every other organ in the body.

Yeah I think the t3 is kind of like speed and helps with brain fog. Too much can be a bad experience.

Old 06-17-2005, 12:12 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

niecsey HB Userniecsey HB User

Hi ya LADY XXXX hope your fine hun xx niecsey

Old 06-17-2005, 12:16 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

Well a big howdy to you too. How are you doing these days?

Old 06-17-2005, 12:24 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

niecsey HB Userniecsey HB User

Not wanting to jinx myself............................ good ( had a really bad back at the beginning of week but lm really feeling pretty good (at last eh? so there is hope) lm due to see the endo 2 weeks time... had some bad palpatations but things seemed to of settled hope your feeling opk now hun

Closed Thread