It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2005, 06:12 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

irys HB User
Unhappy New labs - all #'s are falling... no wonder I feel so crappy.

Test from June 2004
TSH 2.79 (0.27-4.20)

Test from December 27 2004
Free T4 1.2 (0.9-1.7)
TSH 2.12 (0.27-4.20)
Peroxidase antibody <0.5 (0.0-2.0)
thyroglobulin antibody 1.1 (0.0-2.0)

Test from April 2005 (after being on 15mg Armour)
TT3 135 (60-181)
FT4 1.0 (.9-1.8)
TSH 1.83 (.35-5.5)

Test from June 2005 (after being on 30mg Armour)
TT3 129 (60-181)
FT4 .9 (.9-1.8)
TSH 1.51 (.35-5.5)

My doc just increased me to 60mg Armour on Monday.

Ok, the TSH doesn't bother me that it's dropping. That I understand. Is it me, or do these #'s look like I'm getting MORE hypo?

I know TT3 measures all T3 in my blood - is that a good indication that my FT3 would also be lowish too? I know it's hard to say w/o the FT3 test but..

Is the TT3 something that will fluctuate a lot?

Maybe it's a conversion issue? Perhaps I just need something more than a wee dose of Armour? (that wouldn't suprise me much, I feel like I've been on a tiny dose for entirely too long. I started the 15mg in February)

Any ideas on what I can do? I'm definatley more symptomatic than before I started all this. I feel like i've been hit by a bus some days..

Today was a really rough day.. thanks for all the posts in my other thread. I'm hoping tomorrow is better. I think next time I wake up with a temp under 95* I'm calling in sick to work.. some days it's just not worth trying to stick it out. Thanks everyone.

Last edited by irys; 06-15-2005 at 06:13 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-15-2005, 11:58 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

pixiek HB User
Re: New labs - all #'s are falling... no wonder I feel so crappy.

Hi...I should take this advice myself as I am too struggling with adjustment to Armour: From what I have read about Armour and treatment in general is most likely you and I will need more. Your TSH will probably continue to fall and you may get transient hypo and hyper symptoms as your body adjusts to having hormone in your body. It will take this hormone and use it but it takes time. From what I hear in the end most people end up on typically 2 to 3 grains and some even a bit more. There are a few cases where for some reason people get by on less, but it seems the norm is what is stated above. From what I understand, all else being "normal" we are all going to have to inch our way up 1/4 to 1/2 grain at a time until we find our optimal dose, forgetting our TSH and in some cases not worrying too much about our Frees either...it is how we feel...that how the docs used to do it in the olden days...In addition to that we need to take care of other parts: exercise if we can, eat well, take supplements and get our female hormones and ferritin levels and probably our cortisol and DHEA (for adreneal fatigue) checked..(I still have yet to do all this!!!)..you know I recently found out my grandmother had her thyroid removed...she must have been on Armour...never was I aware of it nor that she was having any physical problem in any way. She has long since passed away (not from thyroid!) at age 89. YES< DO TAKE A SICK DAY>>>YOU DESERVE IT!!!!! IN the meantime, I guess all we can do is post here and support each other and hope that one by one we don't have to think about our thyroid...butterfly indeed!!!!!

Last edited by pixiek; 06-16-2005 at 12:01 AM.

Old 06-16-2005, 05:22 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

irys HB User

Regarding the sick day thing? The problem is that nobody really understands what's going on, despite me trying to explain it (which is hard with major brain fog, heh!)

I'm just worried they're going to let me go if I take much more time off work because they think I'm "sick"..

Old 06-16-2005, 05:39 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

pixiek HB User

That must be so frustrating for no one to understand! The problem is we all look fine on the outside...perhaps we should go into work with warts and boils......

Old 06-16-2005, 05:44 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

irys HB User

hmmmm... I might have to try that!

Old 06-16-2005, 06:00 AM   #6
(female)

MLWC HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by irys
Regarding the sick day thing? The problem is that nobody really understands what's going on, despite me trying to explain it (which is hard with major brain fog, heh!)
Do I ever know what you mean!
My boss is one of those people that likes to do the 'you think THAT'S bad? Listen to what *I* have!' bull---t. When I finally told him what was wrong, he said "oh, you're tired? Hmmm...I'm tired too, maybe I have a thyroid problem." "You gained weight? I can't tell." "Your joints hurt? Yeah, my back and hip are killing me!" Or the best yet..."You sound like an old person with all these things wrong with you. You're a mess!" How am I supposed to feel about that?! I mean, thanks for the support! I've worked here 10 years and haven't taken but a handful of sick days and this is the CRAP I get in return. Nice. And might I add -- F you very much.

The best part? He starts comparing my situation to how he's losing his hair and that's just a TERRIBLE thing to live with. Yeah, dude, I understand you don't look like you did when you were 20, but, um...I HAVE AN AUTOIMMUNE DISEASE, HELLOOOOO!

I'm really sorry for the rant, all--I've just had a week of 'down' days (or should I say DAZE) and I'm in a damn cranky mood. *raspberries*

...but I digress...

irys--as far as the numbers, it is possible that the thyroid is becoming nonfunctional faster than before. I have read that some people may progress faster or slower than others. Since the T4 is also going down, it's probably not a conversion problem, do you think? What about uptake tests? What does the doc think about the decline?

Old 06-16-2005, 06:05 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

irys HB User

Heh, I understand your rant. I've had people say "maybe I have a thyroid problem too!" Yes, maybe.. but listen to me now.

I'm not sure what I think regarding my #'s.. the lowering FT4 concerns me - that I know will make me feel like complete poo, even moreso than I already do. the TT3 I'm not entirely sure how to interpret. If it was FT3 that'd be another story... I'm hoping someone here can give me some insight for the TT3...

The doc didn't really say much about the decline - she looked mainly at FT4 and said "well you definatley need an increase.." after I said "I was ok for about 3 weeks, then completley crashed" --- She didn't say anything about the TT3 decline, I'm not sure she saw it.

Old 06-16-2005, 06:15 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

midwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB User

There is such a minute difference between 1.0 and .9 for the FT4 and 135 and 129 for the TT4 that you can't say the levels are "dropping". The 30 mgs was simply not enough to make a change for you. Now that the dose has been increased, expect some movement... but if not, another increase will be in order. Have faith, Irys. You will get better!

Old 06-16-2005, 06:19 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

irys HB User

what can I say midwest - patience has never been a strong suit for me..

Closed Thread