It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2005, 06:07 AM   #1
(female)

MLWC HB User
Q about checking BP and temp

Hey guys--
I was wondering--I wanted to get one of those home BP monitors and was interested in checking my temp to see how it correlates with how I feel. What I was wondering was, what brand of BP monitor do you use? And how do you normally take your temp?

Both useful things to know about and have around the house, eh?
Thanx!

Old 06-16-2005, 06:21 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

Changedusername HB User
Re: Q about checking BP and temp

I actually have 2 and both are acurate and work very well. I have a regular automatic inflate cuff monitor that works on batteries or AC adapter. Its a ReliOn made by Omron Model HEM-780REL. This one is very accurate. It gives BP, pulse and has a memory that stores your numbers so you can scroll through at the docs office. This one cost about 95 dollars if I recall...a little expensive. I had to buy the large cuff for fat asses like me! : )

My second monitor I bought off ebay and that works well too. Its a wrist monitor. It does not appear to be as accurate as my other, but the numbers are pretty close, give or take 5-7 points if I did the 2 at the same time. This one is an Omron HEM-637 wrist monitor. This too self-inflates and has a memory. I think I paid about $60 on ebay a little while back.

For temp, I use a regular "Basal Pregnancy Temp" thermometer I purchased at the local Walgreens or CVS drug store. I think it was 12 bucks maybe. I choose the preganancy indicator thermometer becausde they are a bit more accurate in my opinion and it reads in very small increments, IE: 99.43 degress. Its digital, its quick and its accurate. I've compared this to the old glass mercury thermometers and got the same reading.

There you have it. My psychosis equipment revealed. I also take my sugar all the time with a Freestyle monitor I got off ebay. I have a tendency toward fluctuating sugar with hashi's when my symptoms are acting up. Hyper = high sugar. Hypo = low sugar.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread