It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2005, 10:01 PM   #1
(female)

effected_orchid HB User
need to unload

Ok where to start....I find that things are not going well for me and i am back here looking for answers, I missed my follow up appointment for endo because my youngest daughter had health issues i was dealing with and I am so sorry I missed it. This is what i am left with.....after weeks of phoning endo I finally got a rebook and ....listen to this.....the can fit me in at the end of august. All the follow up he sent me on for the things the thinks are not thyroid related ( because I am level according to him) and they all point back at thyroid.....my gyn appointment went like this.......well if the thyroid is stable we can put you on the pill or braise you uterus so we will try the pills first....I tell my gp and he says no way don't take them we need to get the thyroid in check because thats what is causing this but he is getting mad at me for not pushing the endo and he thinks I might have depression....but he says that is a stay with you thing not a up and down thing so now I have no idea what to do....and YES I am in Canada.
My hair is falling out
I cry for no reason
my periods are anywhere from 2 weeks to 8 weeks
and the weight is going up again
and now I am scared to take the pill when ever I get a cycle which I might have now????? he wanted me to wait for a good flow but it seems to be spotting

I am driving my husband over the bend not to mention myself and I have no idea where to go with this

Any ideas or even ?????

Hubby thinks i need a shrink and I don't see how that would help I don't want to pay to sit there and cry for no reason.
They tried ativan and it makes me cry more
am I just crazy??? NO I know I am not but I am self destucting

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-16-2005, 10:10 PM   #2
(female)

effected_orchid HB User
Re: need to unload

if it makes a difference I am on 125 mcg of snthroid and
the results are
tsh 0.4
ft4 24
ft3 4.7
but I have no idea what the lab ranges are I was lucky to get that

Old 06-17-2005, 06:58 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

midwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB User

I'm sorry you feel so bad.
Now remember.... We are just laypeople here, most without any medical experience except for what we've been through and learned due to that.

The typical Canadian lab ranges for FT4 are [9 - 23.8] or [10-20]. Your FT4 would be at the very top or slightly above either of those, so it doesn't appear that your FT4 is a problem.
The range for FT3 is typically [2.6 - 5.7]. Your level is exactly 70% of the range, which should be ideal for most people.
There is a possibility that either or both these levels are higher than what would be normal for you. If that's the case, it might be due to slight overmedication, which might cause the hair loss and other problems that you're having.
I just don't see a glaring problem with your levels... I'm sorry.

Other things can cause hair loss... low iron or female hormone imbalance are two. Since you're having period difficulty, it seems logical to look into the hormone imbalance next.
Dealing with health problems of any kind is known to cause depression for just about anyone. And that could be responsible for weight gain, as we all know.
I hope the endo can find a reason for your problems and that you'll feel better soon.

Old 06-17-2005, 07:33 AM   #4
(female)

effected_orchid HB User

very bad day and have no clue where to go crying none stop and just wish I could die
endo won't see me until late august and gyn will call me back monday scared to go to gp where do i go
I have spotting now

Old 06-17-2005, 09:12 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

midwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB User

Oh hon.... If you are that despondent, please seek help somewhere! Go to the emergency room and tell them how low you feel. I don't know how things work in Canada. If you can't do that, at the very least, call your doctor. Why would you be 'scared' to do that?
Constant crying and feelings of despair need immediate attention. Please... If you can't muster the energy to make the calls, ask your husband or other close friend or relative for help. You deserve to feel better, and I hope you will.

Old 06-17-2005, 10:13 AM   #6
(female)

effected_orchid HB User

going to the dr this afternoon.....the reason i am scared to go to him is because he was mad about the endo and no results etc ad told me i need to phone everyweek until he sees me because he can NOT order the tests and he thinks this need to be dx befor they start trying any trial and error thing so that we get a clear picture...in my mind i agree with him but he said this is like favoritism rather than medicine and he does not have the time to be phoning for reasults.......I got the feeling he was mad at me he told me if i got no results to come back in a couple of weeks

Old 06-17-2005, 12:41 PM   #7
(female)

effected_orchid HB User

Well I went to the dr and he was not busy so we got to spend some time and he is asking for a consult with a new endo for me with a name i gave him I hope they take me and he agrees with the gyn that I should take the birth control pills and he did a test and it showed I am depressed no surprises there...........he also told me to take a B complex 3 times daily at meals at the onset of this......it seems to come with my cycle BTW he is happy with the ty numbers same as you said but we need to get me back on the track......good thing this comes and goes I don't think I could handle it if I had it all day everyday with no break

Old 06-17-2005, 01:44 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Oh, I'm so relieved for you! I'm glad you got to have a good talk. You sound more relaxed now.
Glad he wasn't the bad guy you feared. I think sometimes we patients take things more personally than they're meant to be... especially we female patients. It's a man/woman thing, ya know. I have to remind myself sometimes that for a doctor, it's just business. The faster he shoos us out of the office, the more money he makes... or at least, the earlier he gets out on the golf course.

B vitamins are supposed to be good for the nervous system... he had a good idea there.
Hope it continues to go well for you now.

Old 06-17-2005, 02:27 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Lady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB User

. I think sometimes we patients take things more personally than they're meant to be... especially we female patients. It's a man/woman thing, ya know. I have to remind myself sometimes that for a doctor, it's just business. The faster he shoos us out of the office, the more money he makes... or at least, the earlier he gets out on the golf course.

I am so sorry to nose in here but you made me laugh out loud.

Closed Thread