It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2005, 10:15 AM   #1
(male)

THX 1138 HB User
How Long Did It Take For You To Feel Better On ARMOUR?

I'm just wondering how long it took for people on armour thyroid to start to feel significantly better because I just started taking it a week ago? I haven't been taking my full dose because I've been taking half of it sublingually and today I took half sublingually and swallowed the other half (my gastro problems prevent me from swallowing it immediately because my stomach is so tight from not functioning propery). I assume it takes a few weeks for the T3 to totally kick in but I did notice that soon after taking armour I can eat slightly more food than before taking it. I'm currently on armour 90.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-17-2005, 12:01 PM   #2
(female)

BamaC HB User
Re: How Long Did It Take For You To Feel Better On ARMOUR?

In March my TSH was 63.7, and I was started on 60mg.Armour. I started to feel better in just a few days, but I've known others who took much longer.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-17-2005, 12:21 PM   #3
Veteran

mintchocolate HB User
Re: How Long Did It Take For You To Feel Better On ARMOUR?

I was one of those who took a long time. At first I got hypo and hyper symptoms at the same time, I felt terrible, worst than ever, a journal helped me from going insane. I recorded every week the symptoms and rated them from 1- 10. That is how I figured I was slooowly getting better. It took between 2-3 months for me to notice improvement and I would say maybe 6 - 8 months for all the hypo symptoms to go away. It was worth it!

Mintchoc

Closed Thread