It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2005, 04:18 PM   #1
(male)

nrefzen HB User
Question Diagnosed with Hyper T and on MEthimazole, some questions.

Well I had an RAI uptake scan a few eeks back, and the uptake was slightly high, not much, unfortunately i did not get the amout. So the doc put me on Methimazole, 5mg once a day. I started taking it and I feel abit worse than I did before. I feel a bit more tired and less motivated, however this does not last all day long, I have noticed the closer it gets to dose time the worse I feel. Then it tapers off, and starts over again. Anyone else experience this?

In addition I have been having muscle problems, mostly with stiffness. They seem to make cracking sounds more often, this was of course before the medication(which I started a few days back.) and sometimes my muscles will hurt a but. Is this common with Hyper T, I know it is in Hypo. And if so how long does it last and is there something else I can do about it. It's been bothering me for like a month. I also have strange feelings of swelling in my joints. Elbows, underarm area, back and side of neck.

I am going on month number 6 of hell. I have hope that my medication will start making me feel better, but I know it takes a while, but I have become so impatient, that I am scared it's not going to help me get better.

I also have one question that my mother has been bothering me about since I explained to her what i was going through. When my mom was pregnant, she had a tumor, the doctors at the time (1975) took an xray, the tumor was close to me and I was exposed to the radiation. Now my question, is it possible for that to be a cause of thyroid disease later on in life. She is feeling very guilty about this, and I would liek to tell her there is no way.

Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread