It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2005, 11:09 AM   #1
(male)

krisuk HB User
low low adrenaline

my adrenaline has been struggling so much that i could barely do anything.

I had a test done which showed it to be very low and seems to be hugely affecting/stessing the thyroid gland.

my Dr showed me an article on Clonidine and how it boosts adrenaline and then said this it will boost my adrenaline and wrote a prescription.

but i have researched it and it seems it reduces adrenaline, i'm a little confused

so who is right, should i go to another Dr, and its there anything i could ask about prescription wise, thanx

Old 06-27-2005, 04:53 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

annemv HB User
Re: low low adrenaline

If I am correct that medication is for high blood pressure. I also believe people with adrenal insufficiency or Addisons have low blood pressure. I have borderline low adrenal function and tried a blood pressure lowering medication for my kidney stones(even though myBP is low ). I took it for 2 days and thought I was going to die, I was so lightheaded and dizzy. Please be careful!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-28-2005, 10:48 AM   #3
(male)

krisuk HB User

hi, i'm glad you posted

I have had a HUGE thyroid problem, my thyroid is fine but something else is stressing it badly, for ages but no dr's could work out what was casuing it, they tested Cortisol and that was lowist but ok

now we have tested Adrenaline and its very low, also two biochemstry testings showed low adrenaline and stressed adrenaline, a total of 5 teats pointing to low adrenaline or adrenal fatigue.

is it possible that cronic low adrnaline could cause a thyroid stress and extreme lack of energy, causing the body to stress out the thyroid because it has no support, thanks

I think this could be highly likely, what do you think?

Old 06-28-2005, 10:49 AM   #4
(male)

krisuk HB User

also what do you take for low adrenaline?, thanks

Old 06-28-2005, 11:10 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

annemv HB User

I am sure that low adrenals play a huge roll in thyroid function. And everything else for that matter. I know since I have been having my problems I now have allergies to everything and hypoglycemia...
I think it wears all systems down. Finding a dr to agree with that is another story. But I no longer put much in to what they say about endocrine problems.
I am not taking anything for my adrenals at this time because my test results are very strange and I fluctuate between high and low levels of cortisol. My Acth is always very borderline low though. They are looking into cyclical cushings.
Hvae you had cortisol urine tests, ACTH,ACTH stimulation or glucose tolerance tests?
I have had saliva tests and the drs totally ignore that.
Good Luck!

Old 06-28-2005, 11:47 AM   #6
(male)

krisuk HB User

i feel like your twin in the UK

the amount of crap i have heard from Doctors, i have had to toally educate myself on the endocrine system.

unfortuniately i never considered Adrenaline.

i spoke to a private Dr who gave me Clonidine , this appears a complicated drug, as it seem to act as type of adrenaline freeing up real adrenaline reserves, well that is the Dr's theory and a few web sites, not sure if its true, but i have actually felt 5 times better the last few days, still no where near perfect.

I had a 24hr adrenaline test done two weeks ago

result was 33 in optimal range 80-140 possible range 30-165

the strange was i was gagging, hyper on the verge of adrnaline crash (which i had before and GP said was nothing), could barely stand up yet had a huge rush in my body probably caused by a stressed/swollen thyroid,.

so for my condition, that to me is extremely low, i have peaks of slight improvement so over 24 hrs that could be as low as 15 and as high as 40, trying to cope with a hyper thyroid, if true, no wonder i was nearly dead on my feet.

i also have amazingly low dopamine 38 in a 125-225 range, a precuser of Adrenaline.

i'm going to see a proper endro in the next few weeks and will point out all the evidence i have, hopefully this could be the end of a long long long hard battle, but i never know

my cortisol is fine, but very low in evenings, i have been given oral cortisol and its helped slightly but not much really.

i have been blaming the thyroid for over a year, but its probably been the adrenal gland all along.

if you are interested in some very good sites for adrenal urine tests (nor-adrenaline, Adrenaline Dopamine etc), let me know, they are available with out Dr supervision ofcourse

Closed Thread