It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2005, 09:05 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

pixiek HB User
Adrenal Fatigue? Labs are in...

I am posting all over but, well, first, don't ask me about THE WORSE GYN apointment I have even had...refused to test my female hormones or anything else, ferritin.......I was so mad I just got up and left. I didn't even pay!

I have two questions I hope someone can help with:

1. What came in today from my endo are these results please help me to intrepret them:

ACTH 15.3 pg/ml (7.4-55.7)
Cortisol 8.7 (4.0 -18.3)

2. Also, (very low day!). I am on 2 1/3 (up from 2) grains and first few days diarrhea...that went away...but now my muscles are so weak! I have trouble bending and geting up again. And I woke up this am soooo tired this am. So does this mean I need more...or am hyper and need less?

Help!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-03-2005, 10:29 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ASDGRMama HB User
Re: Adrenal Fatigue? Labs are in...

Hi Pixie! Sheesh, I'm so sorry you're appt went so badly! I don't blame you for walking out! It's not like it costs the dr anything to test you!

I don't know anything about your labs but I can sure relate to the symptoms you described! I don't have the diarrhea but boy the muscle weakness and fatigue are awful today!! My legs feel like they're partially disconnected from my brain and won't do what I'm trying to get them to do (I had this same feeling last fall and had to use a cane for several months because I was falling a lot and having a hard time getting up). I told my SIL that I feel like JELLO (inside and out)!

I'm calling my dr on Tuesday and requesting labs and a med increase (I've been on 1 grain for 10 days now and started feeling crummy yesterday).

I'm extremely tired also but not sure how much is thyroid and how much is pregnancy. My hair was coming out in clumps again today too.

I know for me those symptoms line up with needing a med increase!

I hope you get to feeling well again soon!

Love and Prayers, Kelly

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-03-2005, 10:33 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

lucky charms HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASDGRMama
Hi Pixie! Sheesh, I'm so sorry you're appt went so badly! I don't blame you for walking out! It's not like it costs the dr anything to test you!

I don't know anything about your labs but I can sure relate to the symptoms you described! I don't have the diarrhea but boy the muscle weakness and fatigue are awful today!! My legs feel like they're partially disconnected from my brain and won't do what I'm trying to get them to do (I had this same feeling last fall and had to use a cane for several months because I was falling a lot and having a hard time getting up). I told my SIL that I feel like JELLO (inside and out)!

I'm calling my dr on Tuesday and requesting labs and a med increase (I've been on 1 grain for 10 days now and started feeling crummy yesterday).

I'm extremely tired also but not sure how much is thyroid and how much is pregnancy. My hair was coming out in clumps again today too.

I know for me those symptoms line up with needing a med increase!

I hope you get to feeling well again soon!

Love and Prayers, Kelly
Just a quuck question.. Have you had your B-12 checked? When the B12 is low it can cause balance problems and a whole array of stuff...

Old 07-03-2005, 11:20 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

pixiek HB User

Thanks Kelly! Anyone have some ideas on the adrenals as well?

Old 07-03-2005, 11:42 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

lucky charms HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiek
Thanks Kelly! Anyone have some ideas on the adrenals as well?
Hi Pixie!! Im not an expert on the adrenals or anything , but they look like they good be a tad higher...

Old 07-04-2005, 12:51 AM   #6
Inactive
(female)

pixiek HB User

I think so, too. But my doctor sent me a note saying (of course) they are normal. So, I have to either convince her (oh, goodness convincing is rough!) or finding a doctor who will might go ahead a treat me. I am in Japan, so I am thinking of going to a doctor that treats with chinese medicines. It might be worth a try...it is hard. Not only do I have to deal with educating doctors, but doing it in a foreign language (believe me I am not very good at it!)

Old 07-04-2005, 08:15 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

annemv HB User

Pixie,
From the info I have gathered about adrenal tests they are as flawed as thyroid tests.
My ACTH was a 9 on the same range and 3 docs have said that it was just fine.
One endo said we should watch and see if they are slowly starting to fail.
He thinks they are.
I am having a harder time with adrenals than thyroid as far as the drs go.
Good Luck

Old 07-04-2005, 08:41 AM   #8
Inactive
(female)

merrillin HB User

HI Pix,
I just wanted to pop in and say high and tell you I am sorry you are having this issue now.

I am still on the 15 mgs of Armour and planning on doing the increase this week..........

Will keep in touch and I wish you luck in getting these knucklehead dr';s to listen!

Karen

Old 07-05-2005, 03:38 AM   #9
Inactive
(female)

pixiek HB User

Good luck on your increase! I went from 2 grains to 2 and 1/3 (I take powder and it was difficult to divides it in fourths) ...Looks like it was too much at once and I got faster heart (well, fast for me), had diarrhea for two days, and then came the weak leg muscles...apparently this is because my adrenals are a bit weak and could not take this much increase at once! I managed to split the dose to 1/4 somehow today...hope that helps...little by little, Karen! Thanks you for your support!

Old 07-05-2005, 07:08 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

irys HB User

I have adrenal fatigue, and here are my labs from March:

DHEA Sulfate 219 (65-380)
Cortisol AM 26.1 HIGH (5.0-23.0)

My doc has me on adrenal supplements for it..

Old 07-05-2005, 07:36 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

lucky charms HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by irys
I have adrenal fatigue, and here are my labs from March:

DHEA Sulfate 219 (65-380)
Cortisol AM 26.1 HIGH (5.0-23.0)

My doc has me on adrenal supplements for it..
Oh my you have adrenal fatigue and your am is high...Mine was 14 and they said it was fine..Are you taking biovine"sp?"

Old 07-05-2005, 07:50 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

irys HB User

She has me on Cortico B5-B6 and Adreset..

I haven't heard of Bovine - but I haven't been able to find out a whole lot about adrenal fatigue, and what a high cortisol reading means - aside from possible cushings disease.

My doc doesn't want to test it very often though.. that's one thing I'm not too thrilled about with her. She wants me on supplements for it, but doesn't want to see if the supplements are doing anything :\

Old 07-05-2005, 03:39 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

lucky charms HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by irys
She has me on Cortico B5-B6 and Adreset..

I haven't heard of Bovine - but I haven't been able to find out a whole lot about adrenal fatigue, and what a high cortisol reading means - aside from possible cushings disease.

My doc doesn't want to test it very often though.. that's one thing I'm not too thrilled about with her. She wants me on supplements for it, but doesn't want to see if the supplements are doing anything :\
Im sorry Irys but hey look at it this way..If you are feeling better..Who cares about the test...LoL : ) take care

Old 07-05-2005, 11:13 PM   #14
(female)

luv2ski HB User

It is my understanding from my chiropractor/nutritionist that most bloodwork values for adrenals aren't the best at representing your levels. I guess they indicate what hormones are "exiting" your body and not measuring the levels that are taken up by your tissues. She recommends saliva testing. We haven't done it as with her experience and talking with me and some muscle testing we've found a nutritional support for the adrenals that I wouldn't be without! She said that like thyroid the adrenal support may change and we just discuss how i'm feeling, muscle test, and make changes. I'm feeling better, get a comprehensive bloodwork up done once per year. I can't afford to constantly be checking lab values. The bovine is just animal glandular. Your body uses as much of it as it can but our lifestyle is also going to dictate our adrenal level and make it go up/down. She told me that basically if I don't change my habits...workaholic, up late, sugar monger...then, yes, I will always have to be on adrenal support. In regards to thyroid....if your adrenals aren't up to par, then the thyroid can't stabilize and vise versa. Also, have to get the blood sugar under control.

Last edited by luv2ski; 07-05-2005 at 11:20 PM.

Old 07-06-2005, 12:20 AM   #15
Inactive
(female)

pixiek HB User

What nutrutional support are you taking? Very interested! Ya, I know, stay aways from coffee and sugar...but nutrutional support?

Closed Thread