It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2005, 08:09 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

OraEtLabora HB User
Unhappy Skin on face feels like sandpaper

Most of my Rosacea symptoms have cleard up with my current medicine regimen (240mg Armour, 10mg Cortef, 1.125mg Biest, 50mg Progesterone, Multivitamins). I'm happy about that! Don't have my labs done yet - supposed to be getting blood drawn this week.

But the skin on my face feels like sandpaper - it is so dry, it peels. It is so hard to tell what it might be from - so many things going on. I'm in menopause, from a total hysterectomy (ovaries removed, too), adrenal fatigue, Hashimoto's.

Has anyone else experienced this really dry skin on the face? Even my hands, legs, knees, and elbows aren't that dry! I'm still having a LOT of fatigue, muscle/joint pain, lethargy, and depression, so don't know if my Armour dose is adequate yet.

Could really use your input.

Thanks a million!
Ora

Old 07-10-2005, 11:07 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

pixiek HB User
Re: Skin on face feels like sandpaper

Hi again ORA! I can add something here in that I too get sort of red patches on my forhead (look like harry potter) and so dry and behind my ears and yes, I have had the knees and elbows and the finger tips! I believe this is still a hypo sign and you probably do need to keep going up on your Armour little by little...we will get there! Pixiek

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-11-2005, 08:23 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

OraEtLabora HB User
Re: Skin on face feels like sandpaper

Hi pikiek,

Thanks for your reply - I guess dry skin is a hypo symptom, so I shouldn't be surprised. It's just that this is the worst it's ever been, and I've been hypo for years -and wasn't taking any hormone! Now that I'm on hormone, you would think it would get better, not worse.

Oh well, it's probably just "all in my head." Sigh.....

Closed Thread