It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2005, 06:27 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

MDA HB User
Sucessful Surgery!

I am home from my TT done yesterday morning, 7/26. Everything went great. I have stiches on the inside and glue on the surface...wow medical advances are wonderful. Minor problems with the calcium levels which required a few extra hours in the hospital but all and all it couldn't have gone better. I will start 125 mg. synthyroid tomorrow AM. Final biopsy reports will be back next week......I am keeping my fingers crossed. Thanks for letting me lurk.

Old 07-27-2005, 07:30 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

softcrush HB User
Re: Sucessful Surgery!

I'm glad your doc is swift enough to put you on replacement right away. Glad you are in good sprits. Hope you continue to do well!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-27-2005, 08:20 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

merrillin HB User

Mda,

Wow, was that message a sight for sore eyes. I am having my TT next Tuesday and am quite nervous!

You were home so quick! When I did my pretesting they told me 1-4 days, how can I get home like you did?

Was your preliminary biopsy ok? Had you had an fna?

Sorry for the questions, just pre-surgery jitters!

Karen

Old 07-27-2005, 09:25 PM   #4
(female)

KCThy HB User

MDA,

Honestly, my first reaction is "I'm so proud of you"!

Keep the positive feedback coming! You give strength and hope to others and we all need that - take it easy in the next few days!!

Best wishes for a quick recovery

Old 07-28-2005, 10:43 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

MDA HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kant
Mda,

Wow, was that message a sight for sore eyes. I am having my TT next Tuesday and am quite nervous!

You were home so quick! When I did my pretesting they told me 1-4 days, how can I get home like you did?

Was your preliminary biopsy ok? Had you had an fna?

Sorry for the questions, just pre-surgery jitters!

Karen
Honest Karen, there is nothing to worry about regarding the surgery. The operation took about 2 1/2 hrs and I had to have a bit more done due to some errant thyroid tissue. I did have a FNA biopsy done prior to surgery that came back inconclusive. The follicular cells were hyperplasic (?) and the surgeon said that at the very least the left side needed to come out. We (Dr & I) decided to take the entire thyroid at this time to avoid having to go back in, if in fact it was cancer.

Today I do feel some tightness in the neck area, so I am making a real effort to move my neck around. I also am very tired today......but I think I am trying to do too much (cleaning, etc). Thank God I am able to go lay down if I need too.

Take care you guys!!!!

Old 07-28-2005, 10:59 AM   #6
Senior Veteran

hilery79 HB User

MDA,

I'm so glad to hear everything went well with your surgery. I hope you have a quick and easy recovery. I also hope everything turns out benign on your final biopsy report. I know how horrible waiting on those results can be! I'll keep you in my prayers!

Best wishes,
Hilery

Old 07-28-2005, 03:10 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

merrillin HB User

MDA,
Thank you so much for saying there is really nothing to worry about with the surgery itself. Thank you, thank you , thank you!!! I have been beside myself for some reason. I'll tell ya, I am so sick and want this thing out, I guess it is just natural to second guess.

I had follicular cells too but it all said benign "typical of an adenoma" I decided after a year of monitering I wanted it out instead of having to go through tests every year. Also, the nodule started to shrink which made me think about leaving it, but it hurts some days, it swells when I am going to start, and it fels big other days. I am so sick of messing with it I don't know what to do.

I hope that everything comes back benign on the final report! I am glad you got the whole thing out and that is what I am doing, just get it all out while you are in there type thinking!

I told my husband that you were already posting so that made him very, very happy. Thank again for taking the time to help calm me down.

Keep turning your head so you don't get stiff. I read that about 100 times in this surgery pamphlet they gave me!

Are you in pain? Do you have to take pain meds or just tylenol type? Did you do ok with the anesthesia? I know some people get so sick afterwards. I have had it several times and been ok so that is what I am hoping for.

They told me 1-4 days! I am thinking no way, I want to be like you and be home the next day!

Thank you for answsering all my nervous questions. Oh, I know what I was going to ask, if you had a nodule and it was big with a goiter, can you tell that all that stuff is gone now? I am so hoping that is the case, that I can't "feel" all this when it is out of there!

Hope your day is good,
Karen

Old 07-28-2005, 05:04 PM   #8
(female)

marissamm HB User

my goiter was huge very visible, it was gone right away, you will do fine on tuesday try not to be nervous it will be over before you know it. good luck .

Old 07-28-2005, 05:37 PM   #9
Inactive
(female)

MDA HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kant
MDA,
Thank you so much for saying there is really nothing to worry about with the surgery itself. Thank you, thank you , thank you!!! I have been beside myself for some reason. I'll tell ya, I am so sick and want this thing out, I guess it is just natural to second guess.

I had follicular cells too but it all said benign "typical of an adenoma" I decided after a year of monitering I wanted it out instead of having to go through tests every year. Also, the nodule started to shrink which made me think about leaving it, but it hurts some days, it swells when I am going to start, and it fels big other days. I am so sick of messing with it I don't know what to do.

I hope that everything comes back benign on the final report! I am glad you got the whole thing out and that is what I am doing, just get it all out while you are in there type thinking!

I told my husband that you were already posting so that made him very, very happy. Thank again for taking the time to help calm me down.

Keep turning your head so you don't get stiff. I read that about 100 times in this surgery pamphlet they gave me!

Are you in pain? Do you have to take pain meds or just tylenol type? Did you do ok with the anesthesia? I know some people get so sick afterwards. I have had it several times and been ok so that is what I am hoping for.

They told me 1-4 days! I am thinking no way, I want to be like you and be home the next day!

Thank you for answsering all my nervous questions. Oh, I know what I was going to ask, if you had a nodule and it was big with a goiter, can you tell that all that stuff is gone now? I am so hoping that is the case, that I can't "feel" all this when it is out of there!

Hope your day is good,
Karen
Karen, I had no problem with the anesthetic. I too have had surgery before and have never had any problem with anesthesia. As far as pain meds go... I was given morphine in recovery I think.....when I got to my room I was given a choice between morphine and vidacon. I took the vidacon just once and I have been on regular tylenol since then. My throat is a bit sore and the neck is a bit stiff but nothing I can't live with.

As far as the nodules......mine was extremely large on the left side and I had slighty smaller ones on the right side. Because of the swelling associated with the surgery I do not feel a difference right now, but am sure there will be a big difference when things get back to normal.

Don't worry about a thing.......easier said than done I know....but it will go fine!!! Keep us posted! Take care!

Old 07-29-2005, 08:28 AM   #10
Inactive
(female)

merrillin HB User

Thanks so much!

I am feeling much more at ease knowing you did so well. It was so nice to have someone have this done right before myself so I could kind of keep up with where you were, ya know? You have even made my hubby and son feel better.

I have a huge nodule on the left also and I can't wait til it isn't there anymore. It is so big and bothersome I feel like it will be a relief to know it isn't there when I wake up!

Keep me posted on yourself and I hope you have a nice, relaxing weekend! I am so glad for you that this is behind you! This time next week, it will be behind me and I am so glad because I have been messing with this for a year!

Karen

Closed Thread