It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2005, 10:14 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

merrillin HB User
WxKathy2..........new one!

Hey girl,
I thought I would try a new thread here to make it shorter.

First and foremost I want to thank you for all your wonderful words of wisdom you gave me last night. You were so helpful and so kind to take the time to reassure me. I feel good about things today and this time tomorrow things might be behind me and that is such a good feeling today. I have wanted this thing out of me for so long I am looking at tomorrow as a good day. I just had a bad attack of nerves yesterday.

Today I am going to do some last minute cleaning and make sure everything is in order. I am that neat freak that will rest easier if the house is spotless. Oh, get this, to top things off, I noticed we have ants around the kitchen sick!!! Now why today of all days do I have to deal with this???? Talk about maddening! OH well, isn't that the way life works?

I have phone call lists to make and pack my things. We are all just going to relax today and take it easy. I wish I had some way to let you know I am ok tomorrow, but know that as soon as I can post I will be here and let you know how I am.

You have been the best friend to me over these last months and I couldn't thank you enough for all your support and your good friendship. We have been able to discuss so many health issues and figure out so many issues in common that have put this disease in a new perspective for me.

I will let you know everything the surgeon tells me ( I wish you were here to talk to him after surgery because you would know what to ask and hubby is no good at that sort of thing!) I feel like we are learning together and that the info each of us gets helps the other one.

Thank you again and I am looking forward to posting to you and saying it is over!!!

Love and many thanks,
Karen

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-01-2005, 10:20 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

wxKathy2 HB User
Re: WxKathy2..........new one!

Hi Karen!

So glad you are feeling better today!! I hoped that you would!!

(we had ants - with the wasps - and the only thing that worked were these ortho ant traps (little circular cans) from home depot - I tried the raid ones and others, but the ortho ones did the trick...)

I will be thinkig of you today and will write again tonight!!!

And tomorrow you will be in my prayers all day and I will wait with great Faith and hope to hear that you are fine and getting much better!!!

Best wishes always,

Kathy

Old 08-01-2005, 10:23 AM   #3
Veteran

inyourdreams HB User

Just wanted to butt (l) in and say good luck and hope it all goes well for you tomorrow!!

We'll be thinking about ya...

(P.S. Terro works great for ants)

Old 08-01-2005, 11:07 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

merrillin HB User

Inyourdreams,
You are not butting in at all! Thank you so much for your well wishes, they mean the world to me!

I got my terro out and am planning a mass murder! hahaha

I will post and let everyone know how I am .

Karen

Old 08-01-2005, 11:08 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

merrillin HB User

Kath,
I didn't know you had wasps and ants! Yikes. It is like "why today?"

We have a bad problem with ants in this area and we always keep up with treating the yard and the outside, I guess it is the 5 inches of rain we had followed by the 110 degree heat!

My stomach is turning, but I am packed!

Love to ya,
karen

Old 08-01-2005, 02:32 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

wxKathy2 HB User

Hi Karen,
Getting ready to head to the airport - but just wanted to say I'm thinking of you!!!

Will check in later on too!!
All my best wishes,
Kathy

Old 08-01-2005, 05:08 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

wxKathy2 HB User

HI Karen,
Yeah - we treat the yard and have a monthy perimeter treatment with a pest company and still had the ants! and the wasps! But both seem to be gone now - I think the painter got all the wasp entries sealed up!

I am sure thinking of you and will be waiting to hear how you are doing - but don't get up too soon - please just take your time - rest all you need to - I will have faith that you will be fine and much better soon!!!

I'm going to lay down for alittle bit now - I'm crashing from the student's defense! She passed and did a very good job - my boss came (we didn't expect him) and he had nice things to say about that - so I hope that will help my job a little - I was more nervous than she was!! (it's my anxiety disorder), but she did well and now almost everything is done - she has one week to make some final edits to her dissertation and then we will be done working together - but we can still collaborate in the future - but I am a little sad, much relieved and happy for her success. I think in my weakened state it was all a little too much for me - so it's probably all for the best right now....

Please know tomorrow I will be keeping you in my prayers all day!! I think you said it's scheduled for very early in the morning.....I will be with you in spirit and wish you all the best!!! You have been a very dear friend to me too!! I don't know if you realize how much you helped me through that period when my hubby was out of town - I was in bad shape and you really helped me!! Thank you so much for your friendship!!

Will check back on the board later this evening!! Get a good night's rest if you can!
Bless you!
Kathy

Old 08-01-2005, 05:49 PM   #8
Inactive
(female)

merrillin HB User

Hi Kathy,
Well, I am ready. Everything is clean and I am packed. Right now I just have to get through til tomorrow. I am feeling good now because I just want this thing out of me so bad. It has been very hard to worry for an entire year about cancer. I will just be so glad to know it is out of me.

Thank you so much for all your support and I know you will be thinking of me tomorrow.

I will let you know as soon as I can how I am doing and that I am home.

I am so glad that you made it through this afternoon with your student! Wow, you must be emotionally wiped out.

Thanks again and I will let you know as soon as I can!

Love ya,
karen

Old 08-01-2005, 06:04 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

wxKathy2 HB User

Hi Karen!

Glad to hear you are ready! I am so hopeful and excited for you and hopeful for the new quality of life that I pray awaits you after tomorrow!!! Yes, I think the worry takes a toll and it's not a good way to live is it?!

Your courage and example are an inspiration to me!! And I am going to get more agressive about my own situation - thanks to your example! You never know how you may touch people's lives!!

I will be right here and will be with you in spirit tomorrow and thinking of you all day!! I'll look forward to hearing from you when you are well enough - and in the meantime I'll keep you in my prayers!!

Try to let it all go while you're recovering - I've been telling myself lately - "it'll be there later!!" Get lots of rest and be good to yourself!!

I'll look forward to your post when you are feeling well enough!!

Love,
Kathy

Old 08-01-2005, 07:07 PM   #10
Inactive
(female)

merrillin HB User

Hey Kath,
Doing one last check for the night. I am so trying to kill time, is this the longest day in the world or what? hahaha

Thank you so much for your prayers, I know you are with me in spirit in this and I hope you can find some answers too.

I will post just as soon as I can dear friend!

Love ya,
Karen

Old 08-01-2005, 07:47 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

wxKathy2 HB User

Hi Karen!!!
I can imagine - waiting is the hardest part!! This time tomorrow - it'll all be over!!!
I will be with you!!
I'll watch for your post!
Hope you can sleep some tonight!!
Love,
Kathy

Old 08-01-2005, 08:14 PM   #12
(female)

gnp HB User

Hi Karen,

I know it's late, but I wanted to say good luck and lots of prayers. Boy, do I know about ants. They trigger my anxiety on a regular basis. I have small ones that are everywhere including in my bread bag. You can imagine what that does to the mind. I have big ants that carry off the dead little ants when I get them. I have eirwigs(spelling might be off, also referred to as pinchers) on my clothes counters floors and the day I shot one into my mouth trying to use my inhaler. That one sent me over the edge. I just cried real hard. We are having a modular built and can't wait to get out of here. Good thing we don't need to get pet licenses for the mice in our house. What do they say if you don't laugh you'll go crazy? This was a nice post to take your mind off things, but funny in a way.

Nancy

Old 08-02-2005, 11:14 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

wxKathy2 HB User

Hi Karen!!
I know you won't be reading this for awhile! But I sure am thinking of you!! Said a special prayer early this morning for you! Hope everything went smoothly and that you're not in too much pain!!! Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers and looking forward to hearing from you whenever you are ready!!!
Love,
Kathy

Old 08-04-2005, 01:16 PM   #14
Inactive
(female)

merrillin HB User

Kathy,

I am back, very, very tired, but am home. The surgery was so so, I found it pretty painful, but the surgeon said it was the hardest thyroid he had ever done. He said it was covered in water filled cycts and was so sticky from the hashi's that it was attatched to everything. He said it was so good I had taken it out.

No final word til next week but he said he wasn't anticipating anything. He said I was totally clean in there and he was able to leave all 4 parathyroid's.

The worst part was the severe migraine I got from the morphine pump. I didn't want it to begin with but woke up with it in place. UGH. I finally had to insist they take me off that stuff.

I am beat but wanted to let you know I am home, safe and ready for nap in my own bed. I have this great ice collar that helps. Only internal stitches and tape. It looks great. Not at all like I feared.

I will post back again, I just wanted to touch base with ya!

Love,
Karen

Old 08-04-2005, 02:47 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

wxKathy2 HB User

HI HI HI Karen!!!!

I am SO HAPPY to hear from you!!! Thanks so much for writing!! I've been thinking of you the whole time and keeping you in my prayers!! I am so happy for you that it's all over and I have every Faith that you will return to wellness!!! Thanks so much for writing - I'm so happy to know you're okay - sorry about the pain - and the headache - but I'm glad you're home earlier than that nurse was telling you.....

So glad about the parathyroids!!! Yeah!! Sounds like you had a very good surgeon!!
I will keep you in my prayers until we get the final word (and after of course) - but it's good that he wasn't anticipating anything!!

So happy you're okay!!!

And remember any messes in the house will be there (or someone else might get them!) when you're better so you don't have to get up and clean them okay??

Thanks so much for writing!! I missed you!! Get lots of rest!! Don't feel like you have to write - just rest and recover!! I'll be thinking of you!

Love,
Kathy

Closed Thread