It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2005, 08:27 AM   #1
(female)

Ltraci2 HB User
Eyes sensitive to light and burning all the time..

Is this a symptom or a reaction to meds? I keep forgetting to talk to my doc about it too. During the 4th of July fireworks, I had to put on sunglasses. The past week or so, my eyes have been burning like crazy and I have to keep shutting them tight and/or rubbing them.
It is driving me nuts!

Old 08-24-2005, 06:30 PM   #2
(female)

Ltraci2 HB User
Re: Eyes sensitive to light and burning all the time..

Nobody? I'm getting a complex here. LOL

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-24-2005, 07:25 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

wxKathy2 HB User

Hi Traci,
I have that - I think I had it before I started meds - but still have it. I have thyroid nodules and mostly hypo symtoms....I almost find the sun painful in the eyes and wear sunglasses on cloudy days - and they sting all the time - worst in the evenings....I think it's my thyroid....
Best wishes,
Kathy

Old 08-24-2005, 11:28 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

lucky charms HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltraci2
Is this a symptom or a reaction to meds? I keep forgetting to talk to my doc about it too. During the 4th of July fireworks, I had to put on sunglasses. The past week or so, my eyes have been burning like crazy and I have to keep shutting them tight and/or rubbing them.
It is driving me nuts!
Before I was diagnosed being hypo...My eyes were really sensitive to light..Any time I was around bright lights or on sunny days I would have to squint and also my eyes would pour water like crazy..

Old 08-25-2005, 02:28 AM   #5
(female)

daisy01 HB User

if its any consolation, I also had burning watery eyes in the sunshine, my right eye seemed worse for some reason. I also found my general eyesight was becoming very bad, poor focus etc. I did make myself an appointment with the optician but fell asleep on the sofa so did not go to it. 4 months later when my hashi's was diagnosed and I started on meds and there has been a dramatic improvement.
hopefully yours will too
take care
daisy01

Old 08-25-2005, 05:26 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

midwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB User

Gritty-feeling, dry, light-sensitive eyes are very common to thyroid trouble. I had them constantly before treatment.
You asked if it's a med reaction... Have you had it only since taking meds? Or did you have it before?

Last edited by midwest1; 08-25-2005 at 05:27 AM.

Old 08-25-2005, 09:13 PM   #7
(female)

elggon HB User

I have the same, dry, red, gritty, irritated eyes. I have to use eyedrops around 5x a day and have to them in my purse at all times. When I wake up my eyes are bloodshot! I have also read/heard that it is hypo related.

elggon

Old 08-25-2005, 10:59 PM   #8
(female)

Ltraci2 HB User

My eyes have always been sensitive to the sun because they are a light blue. But the past couple months, they have been really sensitive. Some of it is probably allergies, but I do have that under control most of the time. The past day or so, my eyes haven't bothered me all that much.

I also noticed that things close up are harder to read and the doc says I'll probably need glasses one day in the near future. Part of it is just getting older and I'm sure part of it is that my body may be out of whack again.

Never resorted to eyedrops - usually my eyes are watering!

Closed Thread