It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2005, 10:35 PM   #1
(female)

angel123m HB User
Hyperthyroid And Flu Shot

Hi Everyone!
This may be a stupid question, but I forgot to ask my PCP about this. I have been diagnosed Hyperthyroid and will be getting a Uptake Scan on Tuesday. Tomorrow, Saturday, the local Safeway Store is giving flu shots. Is there any danger in getting the flu shot if you are hyperthyroid and are on no meds?
Since I do not know yet what is causing me to be Hyperthyroid, I am worried that getting the flu shot might cause some complications.
Any information from anyone with experience with this would be appreciated.
Mariah

Old 10-01-2005, 07:00 PM   #2
(female)

angel123m HB User
Re: Hyperthyroid And Flu Shot

As I said in this post, things are finally coming together. I have a doctor who has ordered the uptake scan and will have that on Monday and Tuesday. He has also ordered the bone density scan. Maybe I will finally find out what is causing this Hyperthyroid.
I have one other question I am going to post now also, but I will ask you first...Did you ever have a problem with endometriosis? I did and I took Danazole the first time around. The second time, in 1992, I took 6 months of Lupron Depot shots, 1 per month. After searching for results of Lupron and Hyperthyroid, I came upon a board where the posters were talking about their horrible experiences with Lupron and it causing them to be Hyperthyroid. I really wonder if it messed up my metabolism. Anyway, I will ask the endo when I see him for the first time in November.
Thanks again...You always come through. If fact, you seem to be the only one answering my questions. I am going to try to take a break from all of this mess for tomorrow...It's my Birthday!!! "51". HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!
Mariah

Last edited by Administrator; 06-26-2011 at 04:23 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-02-2005, 04:16 AM   #3
(female)

naja2005 HB User

Hi Mariah,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Hope you have a wonderful day.
Tanja

Old 10-02-2005, 04:53 AM   #4
(female)

angel123m HB User

Thanks Naja2005!

Old 10-03-2005, 03:40 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Lady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB User

First I want to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY. No, I never had endometriosis. However, before Graves disease, I had hypothyroidism. also, my menopause started at the age of 44 now 52. Was on HRT for menopause off and on. The reason I was off and on, is because I felt terrible after a few weeks on HRT.

You know why I felt terrible? Because my doctor never told me that the estrogen will suppress the thyroid function. Last year is when I found out. So, that had to mess up my endocrine system for sure.

Have never heard of Lupron. About my bone scan a couple of years ago, it showed I had osteopenia. That is because I was losing sooo much calcium with Graves disease. It causes burning during urination, when you are losing calcium through your urine. An endocrinologists told me that. Boy, she was good, but I just could not afford her.

Good luck with all your tests. They did the uptake scan on me and an ultrasound of the thyroid in 2002. They only found 1 cyst, and it was nothing.

Sorry for late reply, have been busy with family, and excercizing to get my body back in shape.

Please let us know how it goes.

Betty

Last edited by Administrator; 06-26-2011 at 04:23 AM.

Closed Thread