It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2005, 02:20 PM   #1
(male)

van7771 HB User
Hypoglysemia/ Endocrine problem?

I have been experiencing the following symptoms: headaches, lightheaded and dizzy, nausea at times, stomach issues, cant gain muscle and feel real week at times, cant concentrate, muscle aches,agitated, no motivation, chills, oral temp is around 94-95.0 F. Life isnt fun and somtimes l think lm going crazy, depression, mental fog. My symptoms continue to get worse. I had half of my throid memoved several years ago, the other half has a nodule that isnt cancerous. I have been to countless doctors with no answers so l finally was tested for hypoglysemia. According to my doctors l have it the results are as follows:

Before drinking alot of sugar:
1 hours after
2 hours after
3 hours after

My doctor has given me a new diet to follow, l guess l have several questions, can food cause me to feel like l want to die, with all my symptoms. Can a simple change in diet fix me and how long does it take, months, years, hours, days?
Any help would be appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-11-2005, 02:40 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

pixiek HB User
Re: Hypoglysemia/ Endocrine problem?

I think you can to the right board for help...sounds typical of a thyroid problem! If you had half your thyroid removed, I might guess you need some thyroid replacement. You need blood work for FT4, FT3 and TSH to start. Many doctors only test TSH, but insist on the frees (F) as well as those are the actual hormones the body uses to give you health and energy. All the symptoms you listed are typical of someone who needs replacement. If you are already on replacement, than I suggest you may need more.

I also have a partially functioning thyroid for a different reason than yours, but my "previous" doctor said the left over thyroid could handle all the care my body needed...he was wrong and I got many symptoms. I am now on synthroid and doing better than before. If you get the blood lab don't settle for the doctor telling you you are in the "normal" range. Everyone here will tell you "normal" numbers are highly specific to the individual within that range...and it really DOES make a difference in how you feel. By law, you can get the results of your lab test and the ranges and if you post them here we can give you some ideas about where to go from there. Hope this helps...you CAN get better! Pixiek

Last edited by pixiek; 11-11-2005 at 02:42 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-11-2005, 03:24 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

scoot HB User

i agree with pixiek. you've got a lot of hypo symptoms. please get your levels checked for tsh, t3, t4, free t3, and free t4.

its so hard to take action when feeling so run down and depressed. i'm glad you took the time to post a thread here.

if you think there is a problem with blood sugar, that can also be attributed to hypothyroidism. the slower metabolism slows everything down and makes it harder for your body to process nutrients, sugar, etc. i'm hypo and i've had to be careful by 'grazing' instead of eating a lot at once. my bod just cant metabolize large amounts of foods and sweets right now. (i've just started taking thyroid hormones so i'm still recovering.)

let us know how it goes!

Last edited by scoot; 11-11-2005 at 03:24 PM.

Old 11-11-2005, 03:28 PM   #4
Inactive
(male)

Changedusername HB User

Low blood sugar goes hand in hand with hypo. You get your free T's up to snuff and your sugar will stay higher longer.

Old 11-12-2005, 12:21 PM   #5
(male)

van7771 HB User

I have had my Thyroid labs done a thousand times, l hade ultrasounds, iodine uptake and even tried lovoxyl and synthroid, both these drugs made me feel worse, alot worse. My latest labs look like this:

TSH 1.32 (.40-5.5)
T4 Free 1.2 (.80-1.8)
T-3 Free 317 (230-420)

I have read that alot of Hypoglysemia is caused by hypothyroidism, l however dont seem to have it. Can hypogylsemia be doing all this to me or is the Thyroid playing games with me.

VAN

Old 11-12-2005, 03:21 PM   #6
Inactive
(male)

Changedusername HB User

Hypoglycemia is instant. You know its a problem if and when you feel like crap - eat some sugar. 20 minutes later if you feel well, then you found your problem.

Fluctuating sugar can cause some weird symptoms for sure but it is something that is SO noticable it would be hard to overlook. If it only happens when you are hungry but is better 20 minutes after a meal, then its a problem.

Old 11-12-2005, 05:58 PM   #7
(male)

van7771 HB User

The problems l have been having stay for months not minutes, it has been on and off for abut 1-1/2 years. If hypoglysemia is cured with some sugar in 30 minutes then my major problem isnt hypoglysemia from what your telling me.

VAN

Old 11-13-2005, 04:59 PM   #8
(male)

van7771 HB User

With my Thyroid labs being normal what else could cause me to feel like this, is it possible to have normal Thyroid labs but still be sick becasue of a small nodule even thought all the tests say im okay?

VAN

Old 11-13-2005, 06:44 PM   #9
Inactive
(male)

Changedusername HB User

Hashis could certainly do that. My "Free T's" are always normal however my TSH was 16 last week. Hashi's also wrecks your mind and makes you think you are falling apart and dying.

Were you ever tested for all the thyroid antibodies? TPO, TG and TSI?

Old 11-13-2005, 07:00 PM   #10
(male)

van7771 HB User

I will need to check and see if those tests were done, l believe they were. You mentioned your TSH was real high, my TSH is in the normal range. I have also tried to take Synthroid and Levoxyl and thats when l really get sick.
You talked about how it messes with your mind what do you mean by that, l have noticed that when l get feeling real bad my mind goes crazy and its difficult to even function. Its so difficult to describe the feelings l have but when l wake up in the morning l can feel that something isnt right, like chemically something isnt right. I just can feel that l am out of wack. Dont know if that makes any scence.

VAN

Old 11-13-2005, 07:57 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

lucky charms HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by van7771
I will need to check and see if those tests were done, l believe they were. You mentioned your TSH was real high, my TSH is in the normal range. I have also tried to take Synthroid and Levoxyl and thats when l really get sick.
You talked about how it messes with your mind what do you mean by that, l have noticed that when l get feeling real bad my mind goes crazy and its difficult to even function. Its so difficult to describe the feelings l have but when l wake up in the morning l can feel that something isnt right, like chemically something isnt right. I just can feel that l am out of wack. Dont know if that makes any scence.

VAN
Hypoglycemia can make you feel really funked up in the head, esp in the mornings.brain fog, nervousness, nausea, sweating, fast heart rate,weakness, dizziness and feeling faint..So If you feel your thyroid is up to par it may just be plain old hypoglycemia sometimes it can hit you no matter what age in life w/o a cause.. try eating 6 small meals a day to keep your sugar level at a steady pace..Hope you get to feeling better..Take Care

Old 11-13-2005, 11:04 PM   #12
(male)

van7771 HB User

I guess my question is how long does it take to get over the symptoms of hypoglysemia, l have heard anything from 20 minutes to 6 months to get back to normal with hypoglysemia. I dont just feel better in 20 minutes it takes months sometimes to get over whatever it is l am going through. Can it really take 6 months to a year to fully recover from Hypoglysemia?

VAN

Old 11-14-2005, 07:03 AM   #13
Inactive
(male)

Changedusername HB User

Regarding the messing with the mind:

1. I am either nuts, as in clinically.

2. What I experience is from the antibodies attacking my gland, amking my level fluctuate during the day. Normal people get a fairly steady stream of hormone. When that steadiness is interupted with Hashi's, you get a lot of mental issues - anxiety, weird symptoms, heart racing and slowing, thinking you are dying all the time.

I think my trouble is all due to hashi's however and I do not think I am actually crazy.

Old 11-14-2005, 08:29 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

lucky charms HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by van7771
I guess my question is how long does it take to get over the symptoms of hypoglysemia, l have heard anything from 20 minutes to 6 months to get back to normal with hypoglysemia. I dont just feel better in 20 minutes it takes months sometimes to get over whatever it is l am going through. Can it really take 6 months to a year to fully recover from Hypoglysemia?

VAN
Well from what Ive been told with proper treatment of the thyroid Hypoglycemia goes away as soon as the free levels are up and stable so im not for sure how long that takes..im still struggling with mine 5 yrs later and seems to get worse with treatment.
Sometimes though I think Hypoglycemia will stay with you for life, but your symptoms when they come on should abate after eating food or something sweet.I hope this helps...

Old 11-14-2005, 11:07 AM   #15
(male)

van7771 HB User

I will have to admit that the worst part of what l go through is the mental part. Whatever it is that messes with my emotions and mind is enough to make you want to die. If Hashi is the problem then l guess l dont know how to fix it because l get worse on Synthroid and Levoxyl. I have heard about T3 and Armor. Where to go from here?

VAN

Closed Thread