It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2005, 12:15 PM   #1
(female)

Pepi HB User
Angry i've had enough! anyone any ideas about this

Hi all i've been on T4 for 17 years and whilst I kept to an anti candida diet I felt great, but the last 9 years have been awful. Anyhow, i was on 150 T4 until August with hypothyroid symtoms, no sweating etc., but with excess heat and flushing, which is not like me as I am usually a cold person. Anyhow went up to 200 T4 which was fatigue, aches and pains for about 4 weeks then very irritable, although my skin improved immensely. My blood test readings showed my T4 was high normal but only the total t3 reading was taken so not much use, although was also high normal. Spoke to endo and went on 2 Armour and 1.5 t4 then I went really 'hyper'? - well I don't know but I sweated purfusely each morning soaking my clothes, so went back down to 2 t4 and been on that for 4 weeks. Still getting the sweats, in morning after coffee then after eating, trunkal and back, legs etc. But was with endo recently and my temp's still 2 degrees below normal and my pulse is ok and BP 110/60. So has anyone any idea what is going on here!!!! My skin's really dry again on my legs and dehydrated looking on arms etc.... I need to get new bloods done and will do soon, but when I sweat and take my temp. it is bang on normal when not sweating it's 97, so I think I shouldn't be holding onto the fliuid in the first place. What else is wrong here considering I used to always be cold, now i'm hot. I've tried t3/t4 combos in past but didn't really get much value out of it, swollen breasts annoyed me intensely.

Please any comments most welcome. Adrenals?? Estrogen dominance - I haven't a clue!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-15-2005, 01:08 PM   #2
(female)

Pepi HB User
Re: i've had enough! anyone any ideas about this

Actually I also meant to add that the only medicine that list these symtoms is chinese medicine and I feel i have deficient yin, which could mean low cortisol, although my fasting cortisol, albiet after a 15 hour fast was low normal. Anyone on cortisol - does it not make you sweat more?

Closed Thread