It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2005, 12:33 PM   #1
(female)

helenlo HB User
Hallelujah! the endo agreed with me..

Well i saw my endo today and based on my results so far she agrees with me that it is looking like secondary hypo.

She has given me a sheet with a job lot of blood tests to have and an early morning cortisol test. She is testing all my pituitary hormones and redoing the TFT's. She's also booked me for an MRI scan on 3rd Jan.

I actually feel like i am getting somewhere at last!

I must've looked like cr@p because she has put me on anti-depressants to lift my mood until i get results and can start proper medication. She said that i can't be like this with small children, especially over christmas (however have now been told they might take 2 or 3 weeks to work).

The thing that cheered me up the most was that she said if the test results don't throw up anything that would interfere with putting me on thyroxin then she will start it after xmas.

One thing she did say, was that she could feel my thyroid gland and it felt a bit bulky. Does anyone know what that might mean? I don't think she is testing for antibodies yet.

Helen.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-17-2005, 04:05 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

wxKathy2 HB User
Re: Hallelujah! the endo agreed with me..

Hi Helen,
Isn't it great when you feel validated by a doctor - I am so glad for you - as for the thyroid feeling a bit bulky - I was think she meant it felt a bit enlarged or swollen....that was my first sign that something was amiss with mine - I hope she will do the anti-bodies too - is it too late to call and ask for them to be done with the rest of the tests?? If not at least it sounds like she is someone you can work with.....glad to hear the positives!
Best wishes to you! Keep us posted,
Kathy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-17-2005, 07:25 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

annemv HB User

Congratulations!!
May you be on the SPEEDY road to recovery!!
Anne

Old 12-18-2005, 03:54 AM   #4
(female)

helenlo HB User

Thanks Kathy and Anne

I will ring on Monday morning and ask for antibodies to be added to the list, i'm not having them all done until day three of my next period so it won't be until just into the new year. I think she said this was the best time to test the prolactin, but to be honest by this point i was so relieved that she was willing to help that most of it didn't sink in.

I hope you're feeling well

Helen x

Old 12-18-2005, 07:20 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

merrillin HB User

Yes, get those antibodies tested. If your thyroid felt enlarged you probably have a problem going on. It enlarges to compensate for either not functioning or because it is under attack from an autoimmune issue.

Keep us posted,
Karen

Closed Thread