It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-20-2005, 12:32 AM   #1

miss394 HB User
Pain in the adams apple region of my throat

The pain that I have is hard to describe, It starts out mild and within a day it becomes like a bad toothache. I can press in around my thyroid glad and its extreamly sore, there is more pain on the left side but it aches all the way into my ear and jaw teeth it even makes my eye left eye hurt like way deep behind it. this isn't the first time its happend and the last time was about 6 months ago . I took an antibiotic and tylenol for about a week and it went away but now its back and its worse now than it was then. After doing some research I figured out that it may have something to do with my thyroid and I do have some other symptoms that I didn't even really know where symptoms such as weight gain over the past few years, severe depression, exsessive sweating, I am tired all the time. Whats the chance of this being something wrong with my thyroid? and is it possible that it will correct itself or is this something that I have to go to a doctor about. I live in a small town and it seems like most of the time if I go to the doctor I usually have to tell him whats wrong with me. or maybe I should go to a bigger town and try a doctor there. Anyway I just thought I could get some input on this and see what yall thought.

Old 12-23-2005, 09:33 PM   #2
(female)

lilmissm HB User
Re: Pain in the adams apple region of my throat

No one can tell by your symptoms if it is thyroid or some other endocrine disorder. The excessive sweating is unusual except if it is night sweats. Then it is thyroid. You need testing including antibody testing and an ultrasound might pick up something on the trachea. If read by a good radiologist. What ever the cause your symptoms say get to a Dr. This has gone on long enough to get a doctor to explore all the possibilities. I have read about cases with ear pain from thyroid. Those patients need a good DR. Don't wait any longer than you have to . I would like to hear your results when you get them. Good Luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread