It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2006, 03:35 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

starsofglass HB User
How I Reversed My Hashimoto's Thyroiditis Hypothyroidism

"How I Reversed My Hashimoto's Thyroiditis Hypothyroidism" by Robert T. Dirgo.

Has anyone heard of this book? Found it helpful?

Old 01-13-2006, 06:29 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

midwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB User
Re: How I Reversed My Hashimoto's Thyroiditis Hypothyroidism

I've heard of it. I don't find anything about it credible.
If you look at the customer reviews at Amazon, you'll find one that says the book contains 108 pages. Sixty out of those 108 pages are blank... meant for the reader to keep a health diary. How much genuine information can any author give in 48 pages?
He's playing with the few words he does write. Leading the reader to think "reverse" means the same as "cure" is deceitful. There is no cure for Hashi's. There is nothing that will completely eliminate the antibodies that cause it, and there is nothing that will resurrect dead thyroid tissue.
Borrow it from the library if you're curious about it, but save your own money.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-13-2006, 06:33 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

merrillin HB User

Actually I read it in Barnes and Noble one night........................it is just junk science and offers nothing real. There is NO way to reverse this, you can manage it in less severe cases, but there is no :"cure" . He is what is called a snake oil salesman.

Karen

Old 01-13-2006, 07:27 AM   #4
Inactive
(male)

Changedusername HB User

Heard of it....bought it....read it.....total crock of crap.

The guy essentially attributed his hashi's to some oddball bacteria he got eating somewhere ages ago and he decided to get healthy so he "jogged" his way back into shape and discovered his Hashi's was gone....something to that effect...it was a while ago when I read it.....total bull crap and half the book was filled with blank pages for "notes" if I recall correctly....like someone is going to take notes....waste of money and unrealistic....I would like to see where that guy is now.....probably minus a thyroid.

I cannot stand when people throw out crap that gives false hopes.....one of my pet peeves.....once the antibodies are there, they are there....for all we know the guy only got tested once and the lab screwed up his antibodies test, or perhaps it was some for of temporary thyroiditis and he became well again. I highly doubt it was really hashi's. Makes me want to puke.

Old 01-13-2006, 07:50 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

starsofglass HB User

You mention temporary thyroiditis? That actually exists??

Old 01-13-2006, 07:58 AM   #6
Inactive
(male)

Changedusername HB User

Yup....there's lots of reasons....just look it up....just like you can get a temporary kidney infection, bladder infection, lung infection, you can get a thyroid infection essentially and they call it thyroiditis.....either through injury, illness, pregnancy, some other trauma usually....could be a host of different things....If you have antibodies however, its nearly always hashi's. look on the net for things like "temporary thyroiditis", "thyroiditis" and "subacute thyroiditis" and you'll find plenty of info....I believe its usually associated with pain in the neck in the thyroid area but I may be wrong....

Closed Thread