It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2006, 03:22 PM   #1
(female)

westie2 HB User
Test Results "Normal"?!?

Hi Everyone,
I orginally posted last week "feels like a scarf tied tight on my neck". Just to recap I had several hypo symptoms and my doctor felt a "mass" in my neck. I was having breathing trouble, gagging and so on. Anyway, I had an ultrasound and a ton of bloodwork. Well....my doc called today while I was at work(so I wasn't able to speak with her) and told my husband to let me know all my test results were normal. WHAT???!!! How can I be feeling like this and have a mass in my neck and everything be normal. All the worrying for nothing? Does this sound right? How could the ultrasound show nothing? I don't get to see my doctor until next week. Should I push for more tests? Please, I really could use some advice. Thanks everyone.

Jen

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-02-2006, 07:34 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

NikkiNak HB User
Re: Test Results "Normal"?!?

Jen-

It would be of your best interest ot get your #'s and post them on here. You could then go from there. Someone could help you once your #'s are here. I am sure of it.

Nikki

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-02-2006, 08:27 PM   #3
(female)

MatthewsMom HB User

Hi Jen,

Yes, the numbers are one thing, and you should get a copy of that. Some labs and doctors use "normal ranges" that are dated and there are new acceptable standards. But also what does "normal" mean for your ultrasound. There is still an unexplainable mass in your neck, the doctor is the one that found it. I would try not to worry about until you see her, but certainly you need clearer answers than that.

Take care,
Lyse

Old 02-02-2006, 10:19 PM   #4
(female)

scoobyjack HB User

Jen,
I have learned with my own long search for what is happening to me that each person that reads lab MRI CT etc. results have their idea of what is normal. For 5 years I have had MS like symptoms but the dozen or so MRI's I had showed normal. One year ago I took all of my actual films to a new MS doctor she pointed out the progression of spots forming on my brain, increasing in number each year. The written reports that went along with those films read normal and did not mention any spots (the folks that read my reports later stated that the spots were not the right size or shape for MS therefore they did not find it important nor note worthy). The same with my lab work, I found that I have a very low platelet and white blood count from getting copies and reading for my self. When questioned my doctor revealed that I also have Mono and the low blood count and enlarged spleen are probably due to that (since I may have MS this info was not important because I wasn't expected to have cancer or anything like that). But the point of the story, get copies of everything that you have done and read. The best advice I ever got was from a former boss "GO LOOK", don't count on others to do their job, count on you to make sure that the job is done, go look for your self. Then if you find words or terms that you don't understand go to some place like ***** and look them up. Sometimes a busy doctor or his office will stick your reports in the file before they are fully read. You may be amazed at what your blood work tells you that nobody shares with you.

Old 02-03-2006, 09:26 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

merrillin HB User

Jen, by all means...................get a copy of everything, always! get a copy of your ultrasound and see what it says..............and the labs..........they don't know what is normal for you..............you need the tests they did to see if they even did the right ones as most don't and you need to see where you really were in those ranges. Never, ever let a dr call and pronounce nothing was found. get a copy for yourself.

I had a dr call me and tell me that my biopsy of my thyroid nodule was benign and that was it........I went and picked up a copy for myself and it said it contained follicular cells and I knew from this board that meant it needed to really be investigated and probably come out. I also made them copy my entire medical chart so I could see all my thyroid labs and bloodwork from all the years past. Dr's miss so many signs and signals and in the end we pay the price.

Get those copies and post it all here.................

Karen

Old 02-03-2006, 08:43 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Smyle HB User

scoobyjack:

I saw your post on the research thread. Have you been tested for Lyme disease? If not get tested by Igenex lab in California. They have a website that you can look up.

Frango

Closed Thread