It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2006, 02:33 PM   #1
(female)

MicheleT HB User
Los Angeles Endo's

Hi Everyone,
I somewhat new to this city (Los Angeles) and searching for a GREAT endo. I was referred to one by my primary doctor but I feel like I'm talking to a wall with her.
Any suggestions would be great.
Thanks a million!
Michele

Old 02-06-2006, 05:55 PM   #2
(female)

juner50 HB User
Re: Los Angeles Endo's

You could try Boris Catz on Roxbury (by Saks) in Bev. Hills.
He's a little hard to understand sometimes and he doesn't accept insurance but he will try any and all thyroid meds until you feel better.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-06-2006, 06:02 PM   #3
(female)

juner50 HB User

Oooops....I hit the post button accidently. I wanted to ask you who are you seeing now in LA?
I only live in the LA area part time and it got difficult communicating with his staff when I was 3000 miles away. Also I had a hard time finding the thyrolar he perscribed outside of LA. But he does know his stuff so you might want to consider him.
Would be curious to hear any other names that anyone else could recommend.
june

Old 02-06-2006, 08:32 PM   #4
(female)

MicheleT HB User

June,
Thanks so much for replying! I will have to pass on Dr. Catz since he doesn't take insurance.
I was recommended to Dr. Philip Barnet by a friend who is a nurse at Cedars Sinai BUT, first I had to fax over all my labs and test results so he could review them to determine if he would take my case! I didn't hear back so I called again and that's when I was informed I was being referred to another doctor but she was on vacation and they would get back to me IF she would take me as a patient. I don't know, maybe it's LA because when I lived in Miami I had no trouble finding doctors. Out here to land a good doctor is like auditioning for a part in a film!
I will keep you posted because I am on a mission to find a great doctor.
Thanks again for replying
Michele

PS. The doctor I'm currently seeing I would not recommend but I do not want to bash her on a message board so I won't post her name.

Last edited by MicheleT; 02-06-2006 at 08:33 PM.

Old 02-06-2006, 09:02 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

NikkiNak HB User

Michele-

I am sorry you are having such a hard time finding a descent endo. When I was starting to think about switching I GOOGLED endo's in my area. Of course it is always better to get a word of mouth refferal on here as I really have come to trust this bunch of wonderful, all suffering together people. Unfortunately, we come from ALL over and in a way that is good and bad. You could also call your insurance company and see who they would suggest.

Take Care- Nikki

Old 02-06-2006, 09:54 PM   #6
(female)

MicheleT HB User

Great idea to Google Nikki, Thanks! And yeah, this board is great, I feel so much better knowing I'm not alone in this crazy time. Maybe we can start a club, how does goitergirls sound! Nah maybe not that attractive but atleast I'm laughing again!!!
Thanks again

Old 02-07-2006, 08:05 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

NikkiNak HB User

Michele-

Goiter Girls sounds good to me- And you do need to keep laughing during this illness- CUSE IT REALLY SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!! You are so not alone and we are all together in this

Nikki

Old 02-08-2006, 12:21 AM   #8
(female)

l.simmons12345 HB User

HI, I dont know where you live in la, but I went through several docs before I found the best, her name is wasima masoodi , she is located in torrance and she is wonderful, really listens and will try all meds till she gets it right, she also listens to all of my input on where i want my levels to be. she does also accept most insurance. hope this helps

Old 02-08-2006, 08:07 AM   #9
(female)

MicheleT HB User

Hi,
Thanks a million for the name. I'm in the San Fernando Vally but Torrance is not too far to drive for a great doctor!
Michele

Closed Thread