It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2006, 04:40 PM   #1
(female)

biloxibelle HB User
Question Anyone using nutrimeds for thyroid

Hi
My name is Kady. I'm new here & am medicating myself with the nutri+meds dessicated thyroid. I know what you think about self medicating but have no choice until I can find another dr. My MD & Endo won't treat my thyroid problems cause they say I have too many of hyper/hypo symtoms. I have fibro I have a goiter. No meds. So am taking 1 tablet a day as of yesterday. Took 1/2 tablet 7 days before. Have more energy but like others am gaining weight. Also have pain in right heel every morning. I have all the hypo symptoms. My stomach is upset a lot since started taking hormone. Is that normal?? Haven't had reflux for a few years.

Old 03-24-2006, 05:26 AM   #2
(female)

biloxibelle HB User
Re: Anyone using nutrimeds for thyroid

Hi
Is this a taboo subject??? I apologize if it is. When I can find my tsh etc I will post them. I'm not just medicating to be medicating. I have had to research what is wrong with me for years & go to my dr & tell him what I found out & then I ask if I can be put on this or that med. He usually agrees & puts me on them. He knows I know what is happening to me & will comply. But he was afraid to put me on a low dose of synthroid because of maybe me going from hypo to hyper. He's not experienced in this field so told me to go to my endo. Well I don't have an endo appt until July. I wanted to feel better to go on vacation next month because I am sooo fatigued & decided after much research to try this natural thyroid. I still have a question about upset stomach & heel pain. This natural is no different than Armour. Can someone please help me?
Kady

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-24-2006, 07:44 AM   #3
(female)

stephanieadams HB User

I did try that exact brand that you mentioned. I really didn't notice much improvement. I went to a Naturopath who prescribed a bovine(cow) thyroid replacement for me. Priority One Thyroid Plus. This has 300mg of dessicated thyroid and alot of extras that aid the thyroid function. It also is a certified organic naturopathic supp. and is held up to certain standards to avoid contaminated animal parts. I don't have a thyroid at all and I have been taking this for a year. It is very potent so if you try it I would start off with just 1 capsule in the a.m. Still keep your appointment with new endo.

Old 03-24-2006, 12:27 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

midwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB User

Anything that is sold over the counter in the US or Canada has had the active hormones, T4 and T3, removed from it. It is illegal to sell the active hormone without a prescription here. That's not to say you definitely won't get any improvement from it... just that you won't get the same result as Rx meds.

Self-treating isn't a taboo subject here. I've seen several people self-treating with Armour thyroid that they bought over the Net. They just haven't been around in a while, that's all. I've never seen anyone here that got a major benefit from the OTC stuff, however.

Old 03-24-2006, 06:15 PM   #5
(female)

biloxibelle HB User

I didn't think you could buy Armour without a prescription. I would have preferred that for sure. Thank you for the information. I am going to see if my insurance will cover one of the recommended drs on the list that will treat your thyroid right.
Kady

Old 03-24-2006, 07:58 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

midwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB User

I really think going the 'legitimate' route is best. There are many bad doctors out there, but the risks of self-treatment are too great IMO to take until all hope of good medical advice has been dashed.

The Armour that the self-treaters got came from overseas or Mexico. That alone worries me a little, because who can truly know if they're getting what they think[ they're getting, you know?

Old 03-26-2006, 04:44 AM   #7
(female)

stephanieadams HB User

The Thyroid Plus that I have been taking for over a year now definitely has T4 and T3 in it. I don't have a thyroid at all so I would know if I weren't getting any.....believe me I would know. I feel much better than I did when I was being treated with the levoxyl. I do agree however, that there should be some communication with a Dr. - endo., primary whoever you have the best rapport with even if you are seeing a Naturopath. I haven't seen mine in a while and i am making an appointment to do so. I don't believe in throwing the baby out with the bathwater - it would be nice if East and West could meet somewhere in the middle. I also agree that buying things over the counter or internet is probably not a good idea. I originally got mine through my Naturopath and then I just started ordering it myself. She had done all of the reasearch on it and made sure that she gets it from a very reliable manufacturer.

Old 03-28-2006, 07:38 PM   #8
(female)

biloxibelle HB User
Lightbulb Re: Anyone using nutrimeds for thyroid

Hi All
Well I've taken your advice & am going next Wed to see a holistic dr. He specializes in thyroid problems & treats symptoms. I'm glad I got on here & discussed this with you. It gave me the courage to find another endo. I'll let you know what he says. It's an hour appt the 1st time. Don't know if he'll take blood or not this time but I hope so. My vacation is coming fast.
Thanks
Kady

Closed Thread