It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2006, 04:32 PM   #1

JonV HB User
I've had a MONSTER headache for a month

It just doesn't go away. I need to take 3 T3 three times a day to keep it at bay. Coincidentally, (or maybe not) it was about a month ago that my doctor bumped my levothyroxine up from .175 to .2 in order to suppress any thyroid remnants that may remain after having the thyroid removed for cancer.

Is it possible that I'm too high now. I looked at the symptoms for hyper but didn't see never ending headache as a symptom.

Old 03-27-2006, 05:45 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

pixiek HB User
Re: I've had a MONSTER headache for a month

Hi, anything is possible if you are not on the right meds for you IMHO.! Why don't you put in a call to the doctor...it seems like you should not be reacting this way on meds, or suffering needlessly. Pixiek

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-28-2006, 03:34 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Reece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB User

I'm a migraine sufferer---so I feel for you. I also have my TSH supressed to prevent thyroid cancer recurrence.

You may indeed be hyper---I find that when I take T3 now that I'm supressed (with synthroid), it makes me a bit jittery, and if I'm in my normal migraine week, it either triggers them, or makes them last longer. I've dropped the T3, and stuck with the synthroid only.

I think you should talk to your endo. to readjust, you can't suffer this way.

If it still goes on, you may consider one dose of a real migraine med. to knock it out.

Old 03-28-2006, 05:39 PM   #4

JonV HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece
I think you should talk to your endo. to readjust, you can't suffer this way.

If it still goes on, you may consider one dose of a real migraine med. to knock it out.
Yeah but endo has some very specific ideas about what he wants to see. The last blood test he was unhappy with, so he bumped me up.

I like the idea about using a migrain med to kick it out

Closed Thread