It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2006, 09:22 AM   #1
(female)

Tryan920 HB User
Trouble getting over illnesses

I have found that in the past year or so (since I started having Hypo symptoms) that I have gotten sick alot

Most recently, there has been a stomach bug circulating among the members of my family. While everyone else has been able to get over it in 1-2 days, I'm on day 3 and still feeling horrible.

Does Hypo have anything to do with your body being able to recover from illness?

Any info is appreciated

P.S. I was diagnosed Hypothyroid in Feb '06 tsh levels of 22.4(ish) retested 2 wks ago with tsh level of 7...currently on 75mcg of Levothyroxine

Last edited by Tryan920; 03-28-2006 at 09:29 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-28-2006, 11:42 AM   #2
(female)

rockylucy05 HB User
Re: Trouble getting over illnesses

Hello!
I am not really sure because my doctor is trying to still figure out if I am hypo/hyper. The doctor office said that my results came back normal. I have a nodule so I am not sure what the doctor is going to do next. I have been getting sick a lot also and it started around Sept. 05 until now. I get a lot of colds that take forever to get over or I am ok for one day and then get sick all over again....ugghhh. Then the allergies get really bad.....so I really never get over being sick. I have not been feeling good since Sunday so I called to see if I can get an appointment this thurs or fri instead of next thursday. I feel extreme fatigue, choking cough (having to use albuetrol inhaler), severe headaches, and feeling pain all over body. My TSH test of Sept. 05 came back as a .22 so I am not sure what that means. Then all other test have come back either slightly abnormal or normal. So I am not sure if my body is trying to correct itself and become hypo.

Thanks,

Cindy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-28-2006, 07:07 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

NikkiNak HB User

Hey guys-

I also go through similar spells as you describe and I am hyperT/Graves. For me it has been 4 years like that.

Nikki

Old 03-28-2006, 07:58 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

riviere HB User

I did notice that it takes for me longer to get over cold/flu (I have Graves). I thought it could be because of various mutations of the viruses due to pollution, pesticides, herbicides, genetic engineering - you name it. The members of my immediate family have had more extended colds, too, except small children. But the thyroid could be contributing its part, too - who knows.

Closed Thread