It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2006, 06:30 AM   #1
(female)

achiera HB User
Newly Diagnosed???

Hi,

So my blood tests finally came back in! I had my appt. on monday and its official, I have hypothyroidism. I also have celiac disease (since about 2001) and i suspect ive had a thyroid problem since then as well. i dont have a copy of my latest labs, i was too excited to go to the pharmacy to ask for them! but i will get them when i go back in 4 weeks.

he gave me a prescription for a half a grain of armour thyroid to start and in a month he will see what we need to raise the dosage to. today is my first day taking it . how long does it usually take to feel the affects from it? like energy levels, mood improvement, weight loss, etc? im not expecting it to happen over night, but i wish it would!

i feel pretty good about this doctor i found, his wife has both celiac disease and hypothyroidism(with hashi's) he was cosidering that i had hashi's as well because of the celiac disease. but he said it looks like its just hypo. what does it take in your blood tests to show hashi's?

also, are thereany foods that you all can reccomend to NOT eat? i read that you should stay away from soy, kale, broccoli,corn,etc. i already have such a limited diet because of the gluten, and i can't tolerate hardly any processed foods. i dont want to have to cut out even more! but i know i have to. my doctor told me to pretty much just switch to shopping at whole foods and never eat anything artificial. which is perfectly fine with me! but the only thing that concerns me is dark chocolate? if i get organic dark chocolate will it hurt? or is it ok? lol, that is my only weakness!

thanks so much to everyone on these boards, reading everyones stories really helps when you are struggling to find a doctor who can help, or the right medication for you. its great to have a place to come and see others who are going through the same process. does anyone know of a support group for wither hypo or celiac disease in south florida?

thanks again!
alexis

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread