It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2006, 05:02 AM   #1
(female)

Tonibelle HB User
Question Now what is happening?

Hi all, any advice would be great. I dont know what is happening to me. Started on 50mcg Levothyroxine seven weeks ago. It took five weeks and I started to feel better then suddenly I am back to square one and feel terrible again, aches and pains, joint pain, tiredness etc etc. Went for a blood test yesterday and am awaiting results. Is it normal to go back to feeling so terrible after feeling something close to normal (whatever that is)? Thank you

Old 04-20-2006, 05:41 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

midwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB User
Re: Now what is happening?

Quote:
Is it normal to go back to feeling so terrible after feeling something close to normal (whatever that is)?
I won't use the word "normal", but it's very common and typical. It means you need a dose increase. No MD ever warns us that this will happen, but it does.

When your body starts getting some of the hormone that it needs after being so long without having enough, you start to recover a little. Then, after that initial dose has been absorbed and "used up", your body starts screaming for more. If you're lucky, your MD will agree and increase the dose; if he's thyroid-ignorant like so many are, and he doses by TSH alone instead of FT4 and FT3, you may not get the increase.

Sooooo.... I hate to tell folks this, but don't expect to feel all better until you reach your optimum dose and have been on it for a few months.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-20-2006, 06:10 AM   #3
(female)

Tonibelle HB User
Re: Now what is happening?

Thank you Midwest1 for replying to me. I was not told this would happen, I was just given the tablets, told what I had would be easy to treat and that was it. You have set my mind at rest because I did not know what was happening to me. I am seeing my doctor tomorrow so I will let you know what happens. Thanks again

Closed Thread