It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2006, 10:36 AM   #1
(female)

confused725 HB User
Just a weird feeling in the head.....anyone?

Hi friends!

Does anyone get a weird feeling in the head? I dont know how to explain it but its almost like you've been reading for a really long time......feels like its behind the eyes but not quite so. Strange. Comes & goes thru-out the day.

Thought i'd ask...........Wishing everyone well!
Rachel

Old 04-22-2006, 11:38 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

sue1234 HB User
Re: Just a weird feeling in the head.....anyone?

OMG, I live with this all the time! I don't know how to explain it, and can't even imagine why it feels like that. It is one of my most constant symptoms. Sometimes it feels like pressure(no sinus issue here) in the whole head. I don't usually tell a doctor about this symptom, as it is too hard to explain. Any idea on what it is?

Karen

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-23-2006, 09:09 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

sudufu HB User

Not meaning to down any certain thy med - we ALL KNOW what is SUPER for one patient can be for another,,,,,,,

I took just Synthroid for 7 weeks. One my side-effects was the brain fog you speak of. It's NOT a sinus headache, but it has a fluffy / cloudy feeling UP there, made it diffiulct for me to THINK. When I started taking a t4/3 combo it LIFTED, not right away, but within a week or so. On just Armour, I was crashing in the afternoon BAD, so I called & asked my Dr if I could take .25 mcg's Synthroid (1/2 dose) along WITH 45 mg's (3/4 grain) of Armour?? She said yes - and THE brain FOG has *NOT* returned !!!

So I wonder if you both are taking just a t4 med, or what? Studies show that patients feel better adding a T3 to the mix. (sorry not trying to be a know-it-ALL!) Makes me curious if people who experience this type daily FOG, are on a med that doesn't agree totally with your body?

Sue

Old 04-23-2006, 11:06 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

sue1234 HB User

For me personally, I have this lately even when not on any thyroid med. I have tried armour, but I believe I convert very well, as it is too much t3 for me. In fact, a small dose will send my t3 over the top, with a low t4. But I can understand how that can happen on a med that doesn't agree with you.

Karen

Old 04-23-2006, 04:21 PM   #5
(female)

appleofearth HB User

hmmm

i get a kind of detached feeling where it's almost like i've withdrawn to a bit further back in my head and everything's just a bit further away - kind of like having had a beer at lunchtime and then having to act normal in the afternoon at work

I don't know how to describe it other than that really, it's just a kind of distanced feeling from what's going on, sort of combining with the light headedness to make me feel quite odd :P I was getting it quite a bit while I was adjusting to my higher dose of thyroxine, seems to have gone away again now.

is that the same kind of thing as what you're talking about?

Becky

Closed Thread