It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2006, 12:27 AM   #1
(female)

Tonibelle HB User
Wink Midwest1... update

Hi Midwest1 you so kindly replied to my post a couple of days ago when I could not understand why I had been starting to feel better and then went really downhill again. Well I saw the doctor and I could not believe it, he also said I was undermedicated!! What luck I thought he would just tell me to carry on as I was on 50mcg but he increased it to 100mcg and said that he would push the dose up as far as he could get it. I think I have been very lucky here, what do you think? Anyhow just thought I would give you an update and am hoping to feel better again in the next few weeks. I hope that you are well and once again thanks for your help. Toni

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-24-2006, 09:14 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

midwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB User
Re: Midwest1... update

Thank you for letting me know what happened at your doctor visit. I do think you're very lucky that he isn't stingy with your thyroid med! The thing that sounds even more promising is his vow to "push the dose up as far as he could get it". So many of these guys are more afraid of thyroid med than narcotic painkillers... It makes no sense to me.
You may have hit the jackpot with this MD. That's great!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-24-2006, 10:45 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

SHMILY HB UserSHMILY HB User
Re: Midwest1... update

Just one little word of caution........that's a big jump in meds all at once, at least it would be for me. If it makes you feel nervous or hyper just add 25 mcg for a couple of weeks, then go to the 100mcg. You may have to cut your pills in halves and 1/4's or better, yet, get a prescription of 25mcg and take 3. After 2 weeks you could take 4 until you use them all, then go to one 100 mcg. pill.

Closed Thread