It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2006, 01:17 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

MOMOFBOYZ HB User
Sue

How are you doing today? I just read your last post to me.
I am VERY happy today because I had a pap with obgyn and talked herinot giving me the blood work up. She agreed to the whol shabang. Free t-3 and t-4 , all of it!!!!
They will not handle the thyroid issue if it is high but hey it's a start. I asked them what their idea of normal tsh numbers are on the answer was.....depends on the person and symptoms but anything over 3.0 is considered high!!!!!! Remember mine is 3.76 tpo 70.8? But you know how my gp took that.
Of course the girl at obgyn who will handle blood labs is on vacation until next week. Ob wants me to stop and pick it up to take to oncologist appt. which is Wed. afternoon. Will be easier to show him proof of thyroid problems then keep trying to find lymphoma.
I have decided on your gp Dr Delgado. ALL of my docs are in that part of AV. So the drive doesn't bother me at all. Labs are on Corwin.
But I haven't changed docs yet. You know I am just making sure the oncologist says I am done with him. If he really thanks I still have cancer then my current jerk head doc already knows about the whole case.
But if he says we are done I will make the call immediately.
Did you say your TSH level was similar to mine when you were first treated????
Something very new is strating to happen. I have already told you about my aches and pains ect. But all my fingers and toes are numb and tingling. When I get cold, which seems to happen easily they are jiserable and it takes forever to shake it out. Today at OB office they turned blue.
As you have suggested I am going to do more research on symptoms now that my OB confirms that TSH over 3.0 could indicate a problem. Never thought I would get this excited about a possible medical problem. Just want a dx so I can get on with my life.
Thanks Sue and everyone else who has helped me get to this point.
Let me know how your doing.
I will let you know how all of the levels come out
Thanks again
Deena

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-24-2006, 01:57 PM   #2
(female)

SoManyFeelings HB User
Re: Sue

Hi Deena, even though I'm not Sue ... I thought I'd join in to say how happy I am for you that your OB/GYN is requesting blood work up, "YOU GO GIRL"!!!

You mentioned your fingers turning numb and blue ... well, thought I'd let you know that I've had Raynaud's Phenomenum (sp?) for many yrs., but until the past few mos it got really bad, meaning, I kept telling my husband this past winter how painful my fingers became, they turned very very white and thick/hard and was painful for them to become pink again, the feeling was like frost-bite. Yep, I'd start slapping my hands together trying to warm them up again or I'd try putting them under warm water, sometimes it would help. But, this was another one of my many symptoms that got worse with my TSH levels going up, but yet, I didn't realize it was till the past few wks.

Bye for now

Old 04-24-2006, 04:26 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

sudufu HB User
Cool Re: Sue

Me = since about 1:30 today. Dad-in-law @ St MAry's needing emergency heart surgery - don't feel like I'm gonna do this justice for that reason.

That's COOL the OBGYN is willing to get the bloodwork STARTED - Good for you - my surgeon was willing to do the same with that stipulation.

A year ago, prior to Thyroid surgery, my TSH was 1.38. Now its 2.97 while on thy meds. I'd like to get TSH down to where it was prior to surgery. Maybe then I can feel sort of normal.

Gotta go - we'll keep each other posted, k?

Old 04-25-2006, 02:12 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

MOMOFBOYZ HB User

Sue, So sorry about you father in law! I will keep him in my prayers.
Let me know how it all works out

Deena

Old 04-25-2006, 02:15 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

MOMOFBOYZ HB User

Hi So many Feelings,
Yeah, I never noticed this happening before. Bust my boys just started t-ball and Ihave been standing outside in the cold wind. Wow! It hurts! But right now it is a pretty day and my right hand the fingers feel cold and tingly. Not as bad as sometimes but it is there.
This is crazy!
Hope you have a good afternoon.
Deena

Closed Thread