It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2006, 05:50 PM   #1
(female)

confused725 HB User
Went to Dr today for Swollen lymph nodes

Hi all,

I'm kinda worried.
As i posted before, i have a few little swollen lymph nodes & just to be safe, went to the Dr.

She drew blood to check for White cell count, rhematoid arthritis and who knows what else. they dont hurt but I have a few pea sized and a small one in the groin.

i'm concerned because shes reffering me to a surgean as well
I asked about lymphoma and she said i'd probably have more symptoms but shes sending me anyway.
She didnt seem to think it had anything to do w/ the thyroid.
Guess i just wanted to vent & ask if anyone else has experienced this?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-25-2006, 08:26 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

MOMOFBOYZ HB User
Re: Went to Dr today for Swollen lymph nodes

Hi there Yes, I had a lymph node removed from my neck almost a month and a half ago. I also had night sweats and low grade fevers. The biopsy was at first inconclusive so we sent to the City of Hope. Came back reactive with B cell hyperplsia. I now have bone, muscle and joint pain.
My general doc is perplexed and I follow up at Oncologist next Wed.
The hard part is I am starting to uncover a possible thyroid problem or autoimmune disease. And gp won't get past the possibility of cancer.
Bottom line is that I know what you are going thru. The first biopsy read "worrisome for marginal zone b cell lymphoma" > I was ready to fight. You know, start chemo, the works!!!!! I know what even the possibility of lymphoma can do.
If you ever need to talk or vent you can send me a message. It was scary but remember it is rare and there are treatments.
Try not to worry too much. I know it's hard!!!!!!!!!!!
Deena

Last edited by MOMOFBOYZ; 04-25-2006 at 10:07 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-26-2006, 01:25 PM   #3
(female)

confused725 HB User
Re: Went to Dr today for Swollen lymph nodes

Hi deena,

Thx. What does it mean, B cell lymphoma? Is that a form of Hodgkins or non? Do you have Cancer being that it was non conclusive? What did your Dr say will happen next?

I have a 2 pea sized nodes on my neck, a few pea sized ones on sides of my breasts and a probably a half inch sized one in my groin. How big was yours & did you have multiple locations?
Did you have your blood taken? What were the results? Also did thet check for lupus or rhematoid arthritis?

Sorry for all the questions. How long was the lymph node there (or nodes) and how long did you have joint pain w/ night sweats.........Geazz, while you're at it how high was your fevers?
If you can tell me was the node hard or papitable?

I read somewhere something about b cell and thyroid...will have to look further into that.
I have an apmt on Fri w/ a surgeon.......I see you are a mom of boys (cute screen name) me too, two boys, 15 & 2 and like you I just want to be ok for them.

Let me know your details, please. I'll be praying for you, as i do all my thyroid buddies.
Rachel

Closed Thread