It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2006, 06:28 AM   #1
(female)

jillian357 HB User
Question Newbie with more questions about Hashi's/Synthroid

Hello Everyone!
I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's around the first of the month, and started on 50mcg of Synthroid April 6th.
By around week #2 on the meds I was feeling pretty darn good, energy levels were increasing and the depression was lifting. It was great!
NOW I feel like for every step forward, I am taking three back. My depression is re-appearing, and my energy levels are plummeting. I think the worst thing is the fact since my last period (around Easter weekend) I have had cramps almost every day (yes, those kinds of cramps!).
Today I am sitting at work with a heating pad plastered to my abdomen to make it thru the day. I am not due for my cycle for another 2 weeks.

I do have an annual exam with the gyno scheduled for the middle of May, and I fully intend on bringing this subject up.
In the meantime, I was wondering if anyone else has experienced something like this? It is most frustrating!!!!

Thanks in advance, you are all so helpful. A Godsend for sure.

Old 04-26-2006, 08:21 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

SarahF HB User
Re: Newbie with more questions about Hashi's/Synthroid

when you first start taking thyroid meds, it will take several upward adjustments before you feel better completely without needing more meds.

Your body is responding to its need for this medication by letting you know it is working - now it is letting you know it wants more!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread