It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2006, 11:27 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

lucky charms HB User
Unhappy Venting

I really think this thyroid disease is killing me..Between not being able to tolerate the meds, messed up female hormones and weak adrenals..Im a mess ..Ive been so cold here lately, tired and my heart is skipping around...I really feel like im dying inside..I just wanna feel better : ( . Another thing that worries me is that now that I know for sure I have hashis im so scared of it turning into cancer.."noone has done an ultra sound yet"
My mother passed away from non-Hodgkin's lymphoma when I was 18 and now Im wondering if she had hashis in her younger years that went undiagnosed and turned into cancer and went to her lymphnodes...Sorry for spewing here Ive had a very bad week and a half and my anxiety is to the roof...Also this adrenal thing is scaring me..Iim thinking maybe i have addisons disease or adrenal cancer ..I mean why else would it be so low in the morning..My body has went crazy..
Another thing I have been so irritable..little things are ticking me off to the point I want to slap the hell out of someone..lol im like a mad woman.. <~~ I hope female hormones are to blame for this one..
Thanks for listening or reading I should say.. take care

Last edited by likeme28; 04-28-2006 at 11:43 AM.

Old 04-28-2006, 12:49 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

sue1234 HB User
Re: Venting

I can relate! I don't tolerate the meds, and conflicting adrenal results. My saliva says I'm low in the mornings(which IS my worst time of the day), but the ACTH stimulation test says I'm fine. I tried a 2.5 cortisol at noon as I was feeling lightheaded, and just like I'm gonna spiral down and die. It slowed my fast heartrate(was 96) and stopped the anxiety, but it made me really tired. You can't win. I didn't really want to take the cortef unless I really need to. I took it telling my husband it's either gonna help or make me worse. It helped the worst symptoms, but left feeling like I took a sleeping pill. Maybe that is my hypo symptoms that I never feel! I'm always so weirded out feeling, maybe once my adrenals feel o.k., I will feel my hypo symptoms and then start tolerating my thyroid meds! It would be nice.

Karen

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread