It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2006, 07:02 AM   #1
(female)

missimo HB User
Could this be thyorid problems?

Hi people. Just after xmas I had a blood test done and my results said I had a raised level of TSH, am anemic (although it seems to keep happening for some reason) and also there was abnormalities in mt LFT's (Liver function results). Oh and I currently have mild IBS.

Anyway.. for the past year I have been gettin increasingly nervous..I've always been a bit shy but now I seem to just get really hot flushes...even when Iam not feeling nervous, they just happen and I can get very jumpy. It doesnt make any sense to me though because I was starting to feel more confident and then suddenly started getting anxious..and I know that there is totally no reason to be. I get VERY tired, as I said Iam anemic but I have NEVER felt soooo tired before even when I have been anemic in the past. I get lots of headaches, cant concentrate, foginess..like I just cant think. Feels like Iam almost going dumb because I cant remember things. Other symptoms are stingy tingly/eyes. Find it hard to wake up. Sometimes numbness in my feet and hands..or sometimes tingling in my hands. Pains in my joints, few months ago I couldnt walk on my left leg because my knee was in so much pain and I had done nothing to it. Also get very weak and my arms alot of the time feel like the muscles have just dissapeared. Clammy hands, hot all of a sudden. Sometimes sweat alot at night. Also I get stomach pains but I put that down to IBS.

I was just wondering with the raised TSH level that maybe I have some kind of thyroid problem although would the doctor of noticed that if it was really that different to normal? I think at the moment he has put it down to my anemia but I have been on my Iron tablets for a least a couple of months and sometimes feel worse. I have mentioned the stomach pains, nervousness (which he said might just be anxiety or stress) and tiredness,headaches to the doctor. I dont think I have mentioned EVERYTHING on here because Iam not sure if I just sound paranoid.

Do you think I should enquire more about the TSH level and ask my GP about thyroid problems?

Sorry this is so long!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-29-2006, 09:52 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

illmakeit HB User
Re: Could this be thyorid problems?

Hi missimo,

YOU ARE NOT PARANOID!! - Sorry to be yelling! Yes, if you have symptoms it pays to get some more info - probably more tests.

Get the lab tests and the ranges of what they have tested for and post them here. Someone here will help you with other tests you need.

Take care.

Last edited by illmakeit; 04-29-2006 at 09:52 AM.

Old 04-29-2006, 10:36 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

midwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB User
Re: Could this be thyorid problems?

Quote:
Originally Posted by missimo
I was just wondering with the raised TSH level that maybe I have some kind of thyroid problem although would the doctor of noticed that if it was really that different to normal? ... Do you think I should enquire more about the TSH level and ask my GP about thyroid problems?
Doctors are notoriously ignorant about thyroid disease. Yours may be no better. Some of them actually believe that TSH needs to be 10.0 or higher before symptoms occur. This is absolutely untrue. Any TSH above 2 or so can cause symptoms, and in certain cases, symptoms can be present with TSH even lower than 2. Those cases need more intensive testing.

If you aren't given at least a trial of thyroid hormone, find a more informed doctor.

Closed Thread