It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2006, 10:50 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

KittenPaws HB User
Being poked against my will

I take my meds every day at the same time but my TSH doesnt remain the same, it goes up it goes down it goes everywhere !!! So my brainy doc keeps ordering labs, im so SICK of being stuck with a needle. I dont want it anymore ! So far its been:

TSH (over a course of one week)

THey stopped ordering the whole shabang and just are ordering TSH now and i gotta go back in 2 weeks, then 2 weeks from there, i already havethe labs.......I know its under 1 but still i feel the same as when it was over 15.....well wait.... my fibro is flaring up right now with it under 1....so is the dry eyes and mouth, and the possible raynauds, n my joints hurt and everything else that is possibly wrong with me other then hypoT its all flaring up!!! I look like a swollen ...i dont know what. Im just sooo tired right now a nd having some trouble breathing. Does asthma flare up? Or is it something else.....gah. Just want to shoot my Rheumatologist in the head for saying i have nothing other then fibromyalgia. Dr's SUCK.

Sorry for my whining, just am in a total flare up right now.

Old 05-01-2006, 12:44 AM   #2
(female)

daisy01 HB User
Re: Being poked against my will

Hiya kittenpaws
i am sorry but I am not familiar with your story, but wanted to ask you if you had considered that there maybe some sort of food allergy going on as well, particularly if your thyroid problems are AI. I was having very similar problems to you, even to the extent of feeling better with a TSH of 13.5 than with one of 5.5 and at one stage decidd to give up the thyroid meds altogether.
I have since discovered that white flour in processed foods was the culprit. many of these foods also contain soya oil/flour and this interferes with the way we use our thyroxine, synthetic or natural.
maybe you should keep a diary of what you are eating and note how you feel each day. There may be a pattern forming.
There are also some meds that also interfere with the thyroid esp if taken too close to taking the thyroid meds. have a look at the things we can do thread, it may be hepful
sending you my very best wishes

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-01-2006, 04:50 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

hyperkim HB User

Daisy has some really good advice there. I am goin to add to it.

The drs shouldn't be treating you based on TSH alone. You could always refuse if they don't include the FT4 and FT3.

Is your dr changing your doses with each lab? Med dose changes can take up to 6-8 weeks to show up on labs. It makes me wonder what your dr is looking for. I don't really think this dr knows what he's doing with your thyroid. Is it possible for you to look for another dr?

Best wishes,
Hyperkim
Fibromyalgia Dx 1/08
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Dx 1/08

Old 05-01-2006, 06:04 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

midwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB User

I agree with Hyperkim that your doc is testing too often. There's no genuine need for you to be "poked" so much, because the "real" thyroid levels don't change that fast.

Old 05-01-2006, 09:32 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

elmhar HB Userelmhar HB User

Yes, that is too much testing & esp. of TSH, which is gonna vary anyway. It would be better to be tested every 6-8 weeks, & to have more thorough testing done (the frees), when it's done.

Have you had any adrenal function testing done?

Have you asked the lab techs to use a butterfly needle if the sticks are painful? Big improvement for me ...

Best wishes.

Closed Thread