It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2006, 07:24 AM   #1
(female)

TEEEB HB User
do I mention this to endo?

Hi Everyone,
Iíll be visiting an endo for the first time on Wednesday. I have three nodules. My T4 and TSH were in the normal range, my scan/ uptake showed a slightly elevated uptake but my symptoms have been all over the place. Iíve got a list of them to go over with the dr that goes from hypo to hyper.

Recently, Iíve been having a pain under the very bottom of my right rib cage Ė toward the center (sternum). Itís sort of a pressure, dull pain. Sometimes I feel pain directly behind that spot on my back as well. It doesnít seem to vary with what I eat or doÖ itís just there. Does anyone else experience this? Should I mention it to the endo? Iím wondering if it could be related to adrenal glands or pancreas? Iíve tried to search the internet to find a picture that would show where those glands are located in relationship to my pain, but Iím not having much success.

If itís not related, I guess Iíll head back to my GP for this.

Thanks for your help!

Old 05-01-2006, 08:45 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

NikkiNak HB User
Re: do I mention this to endo?

Hello-

I think any time you have a new symptom even if it seems irrelavent I would mention it. I keep an ongoing list now to take with me when I go to the endo,
actually it is a folder (they probably cringe when they see me coming with it but I don't care). My current endo said that he likes that for reference and so I don't forget anything when I go.

Nikki

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-01-2006, 01:13 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

SHMILY HB UserSHMILY HB User

Your gall bladder will cause pain under your right ribcage and will sometimes radiate to your back. An ulcer will also do the same, however it will usually hurt more in the pit or middle of you upper stomach, kind of in the middle beneath your rib cage. When I was having gallbladder attacks they told me it was hard to distinguish between the two because symptoms were so simular.

Old 05-01-2006, 01:41 PM   #4
(female)

TEEEB HB User

Thanks for the feeback NikNatand Shmily. I'll bring it up, I guess. Since it will be my first meeting with him, I didn't want him to overwhelm him with stuff that is irrelevant. My big fear (especially since the T4 and TSH were in range), is I will have waited all of this time to see him and he'll give me the speech that so many of you have unfortunately heard, "Since your blood work is in range, it's all in your head."

My husband had his check-up with HIS endo ( a different one than I'm going to see) last week and he briefly told the endo about my situation. His endo actually said to him, "Well, typically, if a patient's T4 is normal range, we don't worry about them." My husband has never had a problem with his endo and he's one of the top ones in our area (supposedly) - so busy in fact, that I couldn't get in to see him for several months. That's why I ended up with a different doctor. But after hearing what he said, I'll be encouraging my husband to listen to his body - not just the test result! He has Graves.)

Old 05-05-2006, 08:25 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

SHMILY HB UserSHMILY HB User

I definitely would find another dr. for both of you.

Closed Thread