It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2006, 12:21 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

Sco24 HB User
Mercury levels

Hey i just found out my mercury levels in my body are way high, and i wondered if you guys knew anything about this as in relation to autoimmune problems/ neurological?

also have any of you found this in yourselves, and how do i get it out of my body? very confused.

Scott

Old 05-01-2006, 01:38 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

hyperkim HB User
Re: Mercury levels

Not very familiar with it myself. But have run across info on mercury poisioning/toxicity on the net.

I believe that mercury toxicity is basically a slow poisoning of the system. That's why it can go undected for so long. (Kinda like thyroid issues mostly come on one by one over a period of years.)

I think the main way to get rid of it is by having any mercury dental fillings removed. Other than that you might need to do some internet research. It might require a detox program of sorts.

Happy reasearching!
Hyperkim
Fibromyalgia Dx 1/08
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Dx 1/08

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-01-2006, 04:22 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Sco24 HB User

thanks for the info, yeah i really want to get this out of my body. can't be helping my immune system.

scott

Old 05-01-2006, 04:26 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

hyperkim HB User

At least you know you have that problem and can start doing something about it.

Keep us posted on how it goes for you
Hyperkim
Fibromyalgia Dx 1/08
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Dx 1/08

Old 05-03-2006, 08:02 PM   #5
(male)

alb9 HB User

if you google some combination like "dental amalgam mercury poisoning" you will gain a great deal of knowledge

Old 05-04-2006, 09:28 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

Deb123 HB User

I also had very high levels of mercury and had my 10 amalgams removed in Oct. I worked with a medical institure that was very knowlegeable in the process and I did some DMPS IV's over the next 3 months to help clear the mercury out.

Do your research because if the process is not done properly you can end up a lot worse off than before you started. Mercury is supposed to be damaging to the thyroid. I've lowered my dose some since so I'm assuming removing the mercury load has helped some.

Deb

Old 05-04-2006, 04:23 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

Sco24 HB User

deb

yeah, im reading a lot and i see there are some nasty little side effects to the DPMS and DPMA. im getting more and more confused as what to do.

so you feel better since removing the mercury? what symptoms did you have before you removed it? how long did the process take and how did you feel during it?

who did it for you? (doctor).

all the info you could give would be great because there is sooo much out there and you never know where people are coming from.

thanks
scott

Old 05-04-2006, 06:26 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

sue1234 HB User

I had alot of fillings removed also about 4 years ago. The dentist you use should put a "dam" inside your mouth to prevent any particles from going down your throat. It sounds weird, like how am I going to breath?!? But you breathe through your nose and they have an airflow going around your face to "vacuum" up any floating particles.

The DMPS IV I had, about 30 minutes afterwards as I was going home, I got a real nervous, jittery feeling. For ME, I know drinking milk calms me, so I bought a bottle of milk and drank it. It helped. Later I read that the treatment not only pulls out the mercury, but other minerals as well. That could explain why I felt like I did.

One more note. I had read to take vitamin C before the dental procedure, as it chelates the mercury out the body. Well, I did. Bad idea. My numbing agents never would take well, and they'd have to give me more. And sometimes it didn't deaden the procedure. I read later that vitamin c interferes with the numbing block!

I hope some of this helps. I did feel a little better afterward, but nothing dramatic.

Karen

Old 05-04-2006, 10:21 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(male)

Sco24 HB User

well i dont have siliver fillings. i was tested and found to have high mercury levels already in my body, which i can only think is from tuna which i use to eat a lot.

but i've read dmps can be dangerous, at least more so than dmpa. what was the reason for using dmps in your case?

scott

Old 05-05-2006, 05:34 AM   #10
Veteran
(female)

Deb123 HB User

I mainly did the mercury removal in hopes of helping me beat candida as there is a theory that you won't as long as you are mercury ridden. I can tell it has helped me with that respect.

Yes, my doc is the one who administered the IV's. I know there are some scare stories on DMPS but I did fine. I would feel pretty tired for about 24 hours but fine after that. I did not use a biological dentist as it was going to cost $5,000 with them but opted to use my local dentist. I had all 10 removed at once, got in the car and drove 3 hours to Dallas to the medical institute and did a 2 hour super IV to immediately start pulling any mercury that was stirred up by the removal procedure. Did 4 more IV's over the next 3 months then retested and my levels were in the acceptable range.

As I said, this is not something I would attempt without researching a lot as I've read of people ending up with chronic fatigue when it was not done properly. For me, I was told I had chronic fatigue for 18 months before I finally found the institute I'm working with and found out my thyroid and adrenals were not working.

Deb

Closed Thread