It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2006, 05:45 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

MOMOFBOYZ HB User
Went To New Doc

Hi all! I just got back from the new doc. He doesn't think the thyroid levels are significant enough to cause all of thr problems I am having. He dx me with fibromyalgia.
He is going to treat me for three weeks and see if any improvement. am experiencing muscle twitching everone with the numbness and tingling in hands and feet.
Hope he got it right!!!!
Anyway thank you all for your help and input. And Sudufu for listening to my endless questions.
I will still check it out from time to time.
Take care you all
Love Deena

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-01-2006, 06:51 PM   #2
(female)

confused725 HB User
Re: Went To New Doc

Hi deana

Keep us posted, pop in from time to time..........gonna miss you.....
Hapy healing!
Rachel

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-01-2006, 06:55 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

sudufu HB User

fingers & toes crossed that he got it right ~
~ and that you're on the road to recovery ~

*hugs*
Sue

Old 05-02-2006, 05:12 AM   #4
(female)

SoManyFeelings HB User

Hi Deena, that's good that your new doc dx'd you with fibromyalgia so he can treat you .... but,,,,,,,,,,,, I'm still not convinced that's only what it is for you. I've never heard that with an elevated TSH and lowered T4, etc. diagnoses you with fibromyalgia. Sure, of course you may have fibromyalgia, but also there's something else going on with your body.

My question here is to you and everyone reading this ... can fibromyalgia elevate your TSH??

Deena, I apologize if I sound harsh or persistent here, it's not my intent. It's just that I question so many of these drs as many of us do.

Please Deena, keep a list of all your symptoms and have bloodwork done periodically ... so, in the future you can get to the "root" of what's going on with you. Bye for now, Marty P.S. I, too, was dx'd with fibro 4 yrs back with every symptom, but much more was really going on with me than I knew.

I'll be here if you need to vent

Old 05-02-2006, 05:58 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

sudufu HB User

so glad Marty said that Because I was thinking something VERY similar.

I don't remember all your labs, but T3 was 23, 27 is the BOTTOM of the range. (I know what 28.7 is like - so I can only imagine how 23 feels like) I also remember your TSH being 320, which may not be high by LAB standards. But if you do web research, MOST will say that 2.5-3.0 is the TOP of the range.

So maybe you have a combination of both Sometimes you have to play the game the Dr's way, until they prove themselves wrong. So I'd give it the three weeks, then approach Dr with: Lets pretend the labs are REALLY off, (they are), treat the Hypo also, then see how I feel?

best of everything to you Deena (((((((hugs)))))))
Sue
p.s. - MIL is OK, there are ok times & not so great ones, as we can expect.
hubby is pretty good, but it's all kind of wierd, surreal , , ,

Old 05-02-2006, 07:40 AM   #6
(female)

lfr HB User

I was dx with fibromyalgia - as my thyroid labs kept coming back normal. To make a long story short - I had a tt last week for a suspicious nodule. Nodule came back benign but guess what? Just got a copy of my pathology report today to take to endo. and report says nodules appear to be caused by chronic lymphocytic thyroiditis. I just knew I had something else going on - dr. insisted bloodwork was normal - but this just shows that you can have something subacute going on and bloodwork can be normal.

Good luck and maybe it is just fibro.....but keep the thyroid in mind too! I feel like highlighting the parts the of pathology report and mailing it to my dr.!

Last edited by lfr; 05-02-2006 at 07:41 AM.

Old 05-02-2006, 07:46 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

illmakeit HB User

Deena,
Keep checking out your thyroid. MANY MANY of us with thyroid problems have Fibro and/or CFS. I really believe the thyroid problems caused it with me.

Hope you are better soon!!

Old 05-02-2006, 11:21 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

MOMOFBOYZ HB User

Thankyou everyone for your time and support!!!!!!!!! My husband already told me last night we are NOT going out like that. So, I just called the best endo in town and am going to be seen as a cash patient. They just want me to faz the levels I have to them then they will sched me. I forewarned them that the levels were not too off and she said they would still see me.
My levels are tsh was 3.76 now 3.0
t3 23
tpo 70.8
the rest were normal. I don't have it here right now. After my husband and I talked I realized I can't just accept fibro without at least trying to get someone to work on my thyroid. As I have said my hand s and feet get numb and tingly. My feet hurt sooooo much that I can barely walk. Can your thyroid really cause your feet to hurt????????????? I am hoping so. At least there is hope with thyroid. Fibro is the end of the story.
So, girls, I am not going anywhere for awhile.
Thanks again to everybody who posted. You just made me feel validated for keeping the endo going.
God bless
Deena

Old 05-02-2006, 01:30 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

midwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOMOFBOYZ
My feet hurt sooooo much that I can barely walk. Can your thyroid really cause your feet to hurt?????????????
Oh my dear... can it ever! LOL
My feet were so tender I couldn't tie the laces of my sneakers over my insteps.
Also, my DD went to a podiatrist for horrible foot pain. He asked about her history, and she told him she often feels run down and tired. He nodded and asked if she loses a lot of hair. Long and short of it, he ordered a TSH test because of those other symptoms of hypoT and because he's smart enough to know what awful foot pain it can cause.

I am so glad you're going to be persistent about this. And kudos to that wonderfully supportive hubby of yours! He must be a gem.

It sounds very hopeful that the endo has already said she'd see you. The high TPO and TSH will seal the deal.
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Closed Thread