It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2006, 12:44 PM   #1
(female)

StuckInIllinois HB User
Test results from QUACK doctor visit, any thoughts?

Well, as some of you may have read in another post, I had another bad experience with an Endo this past Saturday. I'm not sure how he managed to get his MD title. I wonder how I could maybe get one? I got my results over the phone and they are:

TSH 0.013 range 0.35-5.5
FT3 3.5 range 2.3-4.2
FT4 1.15 range 0.6-1.7
I started to let Armour disolve under tongue and remember had doctor appt. so took it out and had rest later. I probably had 1/2 grain when tests were taken.

He doesn't like my TSH at all, but he feels because others are okay will let stay on same dose of 2.5 grains of Armour, even though he tried again to switch me after complaining how unstable Armour is. Blah, blah, blah. He wants me to come back in August and if all is okay only every 6-12 months. But he doesn't listen, so I won't be back. I will have new Endo or beg my DO to see me again.

I have improved so much since switching to Armour. I was feeling like a million bucks a week or two before testing slightly hyper in March. So I think I might be between 2.5 and 3 grains. I get these slumps now of tiredness (midAm and mid-afternoon) and really like to sleep now, like I can't get enough. I am going to time my doses different or maybe take 3times daily and try subligual in afternoon also.

I am gonna try and take some iron supplements too. My ferritin is 22 with a range of 10.0-291.0, looked over previous bloodwork from Oct 2005, previous doctor had it noted, but never said anything to me. I don't know if it will help, but it worth a chance. I also suspect adrenal fatigue, but couldn't even ask him to test, so any ideas greatly appreciated. Now off to call DO and let her know of results and visit. Keep fingers crossed, hopefully she'll treat me again for thyroid. Thanks everyone!!! in advance.

Last edited by StuckInIllinois; 05-02-2006 at 12:45 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-02-2006, 02:24 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

hyperkim HB User
Re: Test results from QUACK doctor visit, any thoughts?

Its probably good your going to drop this one. Let us know how you're doing...
Fibromyalgia Dx 1/08
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Dx 1/08

Closed Thread