It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2006, 04:43 PM   #1
(female)

redrosalady HB User
Unhappy need info on hypoT

I was diagnosed with hypoT in Feb. 2005. I had routine blood work done at work by the emloyer nurse. She said my thyroid was not working and put me on 0.05 Levothyroxine. I was having no symptoms, my tsh was 6.11. and I did not feel any different after being on them. My tsh fell to 1.96. About 9 years ago, I had gotten extremely exhausted and depressed for about 4 days. Went to the dr. after feeling better and he couldn't find anything wrong. My gynocologist wanted to check my thyroid first thing. He did the routine blood tests that checks for everything and it came back good. He said my liver enzymes were better than normal for someone my age. I was about 44 at the time. These periods of exhaustion came and went about every 4 -6 months, and lasted anywhere from 2 days to 2 weeks. I had not had any of these times for about 6 years now. I decided it must have been menopause. Unfortunately , I lost my job last Aug. and my prescription for my Levo ran out in Dec. I called my PCP and they didn't have a record of me having hypoT so the lady said she would ask the doc if he would call me in a presript. and she would call back and let me know. She never did. (I am sure I told the doc that i had been diagnosed). A month ago I got really tired and depressed again like before. I realized then that it was my thyroid levels that had been causing it all along. I made an appointment and explained it all and the doc said he was sure it was from not taking my meds for 4 months. (and they had called my prescipt in but did not tell me). Now I feel better but not quite like I used to. I skipped a dose one day after taking it for 6 days and felt more normal. The doc did not do any lab tests, said to wait 6 weeks and he would check it then. I am wondering why I am having more symptoms now than when I was on the meds the first time? I feel like I would have felt better sooner if I had not got back on them, or that if I had waited till the exhaustion went away on its own before starting back.I have read most all of this thyroid board for the last 2 days and it has been very helpful. Thanx for any info.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread