It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2006, 08:50 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

scoot HB User
symptom number 3,742

you know how the bottoms of your feet feel the day after you take a very long walk in very bad shoes? sore and stiff when you get out of bed and start walking on them again.

well, my feet feel like that though i havent exercised since the clinton administration. its been happening for a few weeks now.

i've also developed a sore right calf - the back, sort of like a 'pulled muscle' sensation. again, not from physical strain.

these are new to me. i've been on meds since october for hypo.

anyone else get this? is it from being hypo or is it side effect of levothyroxine? ugh!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-05-2006, 02:01 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

hyperkim HB User
Re: symptom number 3,742

Scoot,

what do your labs look like. From being hyper I have alot of muscle weakness. I do get those symptoms occasionally. Check those labs.

That's all I can think of.
Fibromyalgia Dx 1/08
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Dx 1/08

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-05-2006, 05:00 PM   #3
(female)

SoManyFeelings HB User

Hi Scoot

Yes, I understand completely all your symptoms of your feet as I have the pain too ... that's what actually sent me to a podiatrist a few months back and of course got me nowhere with her (I wrote a post on my story somewhere in here).

Anyway, about a week or so ago, I was reading a thyroid diet book in the bookstore about Hashi's symptoms and much to my surprise it mentioned about "plantar fascutis" (sp?) which is pretty much the pain of what we're feeling. Incredible how the podiatrist couldn't even give me a name for the pain/numbness on the bottom and top of my feet when walking ... and when I had went to my GP to get a referral to go to the podiatrist in the first place, he just gave me strange rude looks and a hard time about the referral because he felt my feet were fine ... jerk!

I hope you feel better soon, bye for now, Marty

Old 05-05-2006, 06:52 PM   #4
(female)

The2ofUs HB User

Hi Scoot,

I know you said you are hypo and I am also aware that there are many aches and pains that come with that, my partner is hypo and had alot of pain in his legs before being treated. I would consider getting my levels checked though, because I am hyper thyroid and had really really sore feet, ankles (which were swollen all the time), calves and hips, especially when I first got up in the morning. I felt like a very very old person just trying to get to the bathroom in the morning. I would imagine you could be experiencing the pain from your levels being off either way.
Hope you feel better soon.

Old 05-05-2006, 06:58 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

YMARTINEZ HB User

omg! When ever I have a really bad onset of fatigue, the next few days my right calf will ache right under the backside of my knee. Enough to feel it when I walk or flex my feet up. It is the weirdst thing ,its always my right calf and only lasts about 2-3 days . My heels also hurt when I wake up too.

Closed Thread