It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2006, 07:34 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

NikkiNak HB User
Just poo-

Hey All-

It is another boring friday night at my house. I tried to call my endo today to find out the results of my uptake and to no avail he has not recieved them yet. grrrrrrr- I seem to have such up and down periods I AM SICK OF IT. There seem to be days where I just rip everyones head off for no reason and don't even want to be looked at or thought about. Obviously today happens to be a down day. It makes me feel mentally unstable at times like I have a mood disorder not thyroid and I have never felt like this before. It is ridiculous that this little gland controls so much of everything in our bodies. I know that things in our bodies change after we have kids but I have not enjoyed my girls as I should have because of this thyroid thing. That is when my problems all started. I wish we never had thyroids. It is to the point when I hear someone say they have had a thyriod issue to me it makes me cringe because I know what they have been through.

Just needed a little vent tonight (rather here then at my husband). Thanks for listening.

Nikki

Last edited by NikkiNak; 05-05-2006 at 07:34 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-05-2006, 08:05 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

YMARTINEZ HB User
Re: Just poo-

I feel your pain . I was only diagnosed with viral thryoiditis so I went thru about 3 months of hyperthyroid and now am in hypothryoid, and although they are both horrible, horrible ways to feel, I would have to say the hyperthyroid was the worst for me. I was always wound up, cryed all the time, couldnt eat cause my stomach was tied in a knot, and always felt so overwhelmed. I always thought I was a very strong person who would never let stress get to me and was pretty level tempered. When I am having thryoid symtpoms , I absolutely cannot control my moods and that is the most horrible symtpom for me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-06-2006, 04:48 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

sudufu HB User

Quote:
seem to be days where I just rip everyones head off for no reason
yep - have days when I feel like I'm PMSing (wrong time), & thats in OVERdrive or on steriods!!!

Patience is NOT my strong point - - i WANT it FIXED N-O-W!!!
((((((( Nikki )))))))

Old 05-06-2006, 05:24 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

illmakeit HB User

Hi Nikki,
Sorry you were feeling down last night. Glad you have this place to vent. Wish I could fix it for you - and everyone else. I understand this must be very frustrating for you and your family.

Here's hoping the rest of the weekend is better for you.
(((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))) to you and your family!

If you need to vent more, keep on posting!!!

Old 05-07-2006, 09:26 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

NikkiNak HB User

Hey Guys-

Thanks for listening- Patience is definetely not a good point for me anymore and it used to be. I really thought when I had children I would be on the floor playing with them and goofing off with them but this stupid thyroid has just kept me from so much with them. Who wants to be around someone on edge all the time. It just really sucks- I feel like a completely different person that I really don't like. I do want it fixed yesterday. I realize that is not possible but a pipe dream. Oh well

Nikki

Old 05-07-2006, 09:43 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

illmakeit HB User

I understand the fixing it yesterday! I may not be near as much on the edge as you are, but for ME, I am certainly more irritable. Nothing used to bother me. I now get frustrated by little things, upset about nothing, I am not thoughtful to others like I used to be - sometimes I just don't think!

There has to be hope! You WILL get back to who you were. It seems to just take so much time to do it. Wish I could hurry it up for you!

Old 05-10-2006, 09:53 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

Hi Nikki!
Sorry to hear about your aggrivation......I have days like that too. Sometimes I think I'm just gonna hole up in my house and not answer the phone because people aggrivate the pizz outta me and I get snappy with them, then feel guilty later. I've been thinking of you and hope you're doing ok, and getting some answers. On a happier note....I got a new little pug puppy dog on 4/29. His name is Louie and he's only about 3 pounds and what a little doll! He's making me smile. I still miss Junior, but I see Junior in him. Keep us posted on your results! I'm wishing you all the best!

Old 05-11-2006, 04:38 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

NikkiNak HB User

Hi Rosequartz-

I am so happy to hear about your new little guy "Louie"- That name is even cute. Sorry I haven't been to the boards for a couple of days. I have been in exhaustion land this week. Just can't seem to get movin alot. I have called hopkins for the 3rd time this week and Dr. Browns assistant told me they "just" recieved my uptake results yesterday. How frustrating I am sitting here with an absolutly miserable week and my treatment is being postponed due to paperwork? So my results are sitting in my endo's mailbox and I sit waiting for something to happen. I have not gotten lucky enough to get all this energy or weight loss with this disease. In fact I have been complete opposite. Lack of energy and super fatigue have been a gigantic problem for me. I have so much to do and can't ever seem to get caught up on anything. I just gained 10 lb's back and I can't even walk for extended periods without having to take a break and rest. It is ridiculous.

So I have thought about you quite a bit. I miss talking to you. I have really been depressed over everything this month so when I get like that I withdraw from everyone. My best friend who lost her husband just had a fundraiser given to her by her work. Not sure how much money was raised yet. She is doing a little better. I just helped her design a memorial garden in her backyard for him. They won't let her plant anything at the cemetary so we did it in her own yard. I think she is finally starting to grieve and beginning the healing process. We all miss him so much.

Well I will talk to ya' soon-

Nikki

Old 05-11-2006, 04:41 PM   #9
(female)

StressedJules HB User

ymartinez--
Hi-I'm very new to this board and not sure how to check it. I was just diagnosed hyper and have been miserable for almost two months now.

Old 05-11-2006, 06:43 PM   #10
Inactive
(female)

YMARTINEZ HB User

Hi Stressedjules!
Welcome to the board!
This is such a great place with lots of great people and lots and lots of helpful information. I've learned so much her compared to any doctor I've seen.
Im so sorry you have been feeling bad for so long. I understand completely what your going thru , what a horrible illness to cause someone to not only feel bad but to also alter their emotional state of mind on top of it, as well!
So do you have Graves? Hope you get to feeling better soon!

Old 05-11-2006, 06:52 PM   #11
(female)

StressedJules HB User

Dr. thinks it is Graves. I get more testing done next week. I'm on a beta blocker now. I don't feel as odd now. I had been so weepy and anxious, it was embarassing! Was also on thyroid med, but I broke out so bad, I stopped last week. I still am broken out so I wonder if it's the beta blocker.

Closed Thread