It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2006, 08:54 AM   #1
(male)

davew HB User
Lightbulb new to this here is what i have so far

Ok
Symptoms
I have had a thyroid issue for a few years
They put me on that synthroid and it made my heart pound to the point that I can lay down and watch my feet thump with every heartbeat
The heartbeat was slamming a lot.
I stopped taking that stuff (* 2 years ago)
I just could not take this kind of stuff every day of my life..
i also need to edit this in that that synthroid? i was having major panic attacks almost every morning

Skip to the current day

For 2 solid weeks no matter what I do
I feel out of breath, my heart pounds like i just ran 5 miles, even if I just stand up and walk across the room I also feel like im going to pass out a lot
After I eat I get a bad pressure
(not hurting) but pressure that feel like someone has a fist and pushing on my left side of my chest.

My heart also palpitates etc.. (Feels like it skips beats)
Yesterday I could not take it anymore ,and went to the ER

They did 3 blood enzyme tests

First was .06 second was .07 the he said if it went up on the 3rd one I was going to be admitted
The 3rd one showed back down to .06

Thyroid tests all he had for me was the TSH and that level was 13.10

He said I will have to call my DR Monday to get the other results

he also said they picked up something on the heart monitor and wanted to give me meds to slow my heart rate down I refused this ( some kind of lexer? Or something )

He stated it can all be cause by the thyroid and my heart is “resetting itself” so he said I am assured of no clots or anything as it would not reset itself?

I am totally confused at this state
But he stated my thyroid can be causing all these issues again

As I sit here my heart still pounds and skips a few beats
This starts as soon as I wake up
I am afraid to eat anything as I feel that bloated feeling from everything and about 15 minutes after I eat I get that slamming heartbeat non stop until I take a number 2
Then it calms down only slightly
if it is below 70 outside
i walk out and instantly get a chill
my tips of my fingers are always cold
my toes also get cold a lot
the test they did showed also 97% oxygen on that finger deal
so he said it again can be the thyroid

It is to the point that I am afraid to even do anything
But sit..
Any walking I fell like im going to pass out or faint
My heart beats really fast and then skips..
i have and can not gain weight
i stay about 173
Anyone with these similar issues?

Last edited by davew; 05-06-2006 at 09:09 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-06-2006, 09:33 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

midwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB User
Re: new to this here is what i have so far

Yeah Dave, I had similar issues while hypo. I'd had minor symptoms - including skipped heart beats - for years, but I hated going to doctors, so I did nothing. After I ended up with chest pressure that mimicked a heart attack which landed me in the ER, I couldn't ignore it. After a lot of investigation and switching doctors twice, I got treatment for the hypothyroidism. All the heart issues are gone now.

You're very hypothyroid, and it's time you figure out a way to get it treated. Synthroid isn't the only drug for it, so don't let that stop you. Also, you may have weak adrenals, which would cause an adverse reaction when trying to start treatment for thyroid. Strengthening them at the same time can allow successful thyroid Tx.

Do you remember what dose of Synthroid you were given? Too high a dose can cause a bad reaction, too. A small starter dose that is gradually increased over several weeks time is best.

Find yourself a great thyroid doc, and your heart problems will go away. But if you continue to ignore your need for supplemental thyroid hormone, the heart issues may become worse and permanent.

Old 05-06-2006, 09:58 AM   #3
(male)

davew HB User
Re: new to this here is what i have so far

I don not recall what dose I was on ( 2 years ago)
but she had me on a low dose the first few months that seemd to do nothing.. then as the dose was upped that is when a lot of non fun stuff satarted.. (daily panic attacks, 24/7 slamming heartbeat, etc)

I guess after 2 years of taking nothing

the past 2 weeks it has cought up with me ..... as this is when it has been at its worst..

I guess monday we will see what the other levels are and hope
to find a good doc that can remedy some of this..

Last edited by davew; 05-06-2006 at 09:58 AM.

Closed Thread