It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2006, 11:30 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

MOMOFBOYZ HB User
Goodmorning Ladies!!!!!!!!!

I have been on synthroid for four days now and am soooo thankful. Yesterday I went to my 6 year old sons (Brandon) t-ball and was walking pretty normally and was PAIN FREE!!!!!!!!! Now I did too much and paid for it last night. But I didn't have to take a pain pill until 9:30 at night. My legs were vibrating and throbbing. But girls..... two to three hours pain free. This is a huge step for me. I have been so sick for three to four weeks. For sure since Easter weekend the real sickness set in. We still cancelled the fair yesterday. Brandon cried but wiped his eyes and understood. God, what an angel, trooper!!!! My four year old, (Tyler) was ok too. Now we have had Disneyland planned for next weekend for months. Keeping fingers crossed. Husband says postpone until I am fully healed but I HATE to break promises to my boys.
Anyway, Can you believe it? Right now I do have tingling and throbbing down the back of left leg. But it beats having it everywhere. I was going around feeling like I had a poisonous snake bite for so long. The twitching has reduced a little too.
You ladies have saved my life. If I had never read this post I NEVER would have had the courage to keep fighting for my thryoid. NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you so much. I know it will be a month before I am completely better. And the endo didn't rule out fibro yet. But I feel much better already.
God bless you all
Deena

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-07-2006, 05:06 PM   #2
(female)

pinkprincess3 HB User
Re: Goodmorning Ladies!!!!!!!!!

Deena...i am so happy for you that you are doing better...our thyroid does lots of stuff for us and when we are hypo or hyper we can get really sick...how great is it that Synthyroid is helping you already...please know how happy i am for you...please let us know how you are continuing to do...

Old 05-08-2006, 05:09 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

illmakeit HB User

Hi Deena,
Glad you had some time with no pain!! Sending your family ((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))). Your boys sound great!

Suggestion about Disneyland - They have the scooters(Electric Convenience Vehicles) that you drive around available to rent($35) and also wheelchairs ($8). They only have a certain number and I think it is first come-first served. IF you think you may benefit by using one, they could be an asset for you. You can go to the front of the lines, so you don't have to wait to ride - some of the rides you can actually drive the machine or wheelchair on it. Others, you have to get off it to ride or not ride. Everthing you may want to take can be carried on it with you - have even seen people with kids on their laps. My hubby and I joked seriously about getting them if we ever go again. They are available inside the Main Entrance and both require a refundable deposit of $20. There is a LOT of walking you have to do-even normal people get really tired.

Take care.

Old 05-08-2006, 07:11 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

hyperkim HB User

Deena...Good to hear you are feeling better. Having good results show up hear is good for all of us. There is always hope!

Enjoy you time at Disney with the family.
Hyperkim
Fibromyalgia Dx 1/08
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Dx 1/08

Old 05-08-2006, 07:12 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

sudufu HB User

((((((((((((((( Deena )))))))))))))))))
I'm soooooo000ooo0000000 happy that after just a few days you can feel the difference!!!
HOW THAT MUST BE FOR YOU!!!!!!!

I was going to make suggestions for Disneyland, but illmakeit's are better. I wonder if they knew a DATE in advance and you'd already PAID, if they make SURE you could get a motorized cart on X date???

So glad things are looking UP for you Deena
Sue

Last edited by sudufu; 05-08-2006 at 07:15 AM.

Old 05-08-2006, 10:32 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

MOMOFBOYZ HB User

Thank you guys so much for everything. I think the motorized scooter will be good. Go to the front of the line!!! I still have plenty of symptoms but I can feel some relief as well. I have to rest to do anything. So we'll see.
I can't seem to say thank you enough!!!!!
You ladies are angels to me
I hope you are all doing alright. I guess the joy of feeling slightly better dimmed the fact that I will probably always have some problems since I have Hashi's. I wonderif the endo will increase the dosage right now 50 mcg. Do they have to start slow????
Have a great day girls. Love and hugs to you all
Deena

Old 05-08-2006, 11:41 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

illmakeit HB User

Deena,
Be sure to get there early, first come, first served. Especially on a weekend or nice day.

As far as increases go, they DO go slowly - don't want to damage your heart/adrenals by going hyper. Most are 25 mcg at a time, however, I have heard of people who have been raised much more at a time. Probably depends on your size, how bad the labs are etc. A 250 lb person could probably raise 50 or 75 at a time - but not a 100 lb person. There was something discussed about this - your NORMAL weight is what they like to base the amt on - then add a little for extra lbs. cause they are mostly fat lbs.

Have a GREAT DAY!!!

Closed Thread