It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2006, 06:59 PM   #1
(female)

kwebster HB User
Cool hypo skin condition

Hi! I'm new to the board. From what I have read the info will be very helpful! I had an Endo recently confirm that I'm hypothyroid TSH 3.57. Besides feeling anxiety, palpitations, joint aches, cold, and NO sex drive and a bunch of more symptoms - for the last year and a half I also have a skin condition known as Granuloma Annulare. I asked my Endo if there was a link between the two. He definately confirmed this. For anyone who doesn't know what this looks like - GA are bright red papules in a circular pattern around joint areas (knees, elbows, etc). They look bad. While I'm on Levoxyl, there is really no chance that the skin issue will get better. The good news is now I have answers, I'm not crazy - it's not all in my head. I can live with the skin condition - have had it since the birth of my son - now 8. They did find a nodule which I had biopsied - results in next week. I'm on meds - which seem to be working. Thanks for listening!

Old 05-08-2006, 07:09 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

NHone HB User
Re: hypo skin condition

What about trying armour. It is a natural supplement, and you might be better able to tolerate it. Also, if you still have symptoms.. looks you TSh numbers are too high..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-08-2006, 08:11 PM   #3
(female)

d.hall HB User

Im not sure which one of these youve got but my daughter had skin conditions ,One was called Moluscum something,which was raised wart like things.They didnt go away for years they just kept getting bigger.She also had one on her eyelid and on her face.I played doctor on them and pulled them off,then dabbed wart ointment on them,it hurt but they went.
The other was Granuloma ,hers were almost like ringworm,but they got bigger and spread she was given steroid cream and they went after that.
good luck
Donna

Old 05-09-2006, 03:59 AM   #4
(male)

foxfire4321 HB User

I manifested granuloma annularea about a year before they diagnosed my hypothyroidism (TSH low 20s when diagnosed). Mine has been restricted to my lower legs, but it does make wearing shorts a no-no. My dermatologist gave me some prescription topical steroids to apply and it helps to a degree, but I did notice that they changed a little when I started on levothyroxine. Mine were very raised and mole like at first, and now they are more flat and lighter in color. I still have the same number, but they are less obvious.

Closed Thread