It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2006, 04:09 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

scoot HB User
i really, really really hate doctors.

i really do. really i do. i so hate doctors. i do i do i do i do.

still feeling poorly. i call my endo, tell her my symptoms: still no energy, tired a lot, sleep a lot, tough getting up in the morning, dry eyes, knot in throat, sore muscles. sounds like hypo, right?

she tells me to go see my pcp.

huh????

moron.

fortunately, knowing the process well enough i was one step ahead of her. i had already seen my pcp, who goes by the numbers only, says my thyroid is fine cuz the numbers are in the normal ranges. sends me to the lab for lyme and some other blood levels. i dont have the results yet.

so i tell the endo's office this. they get back to me later saying the doc needs to know my current tsh. why she didnt want that the first time around is beyond me (cuz she's a moron?) and why JUST the tsh (oh, cuz she's a moron. right). so i tell them i got drawn last week and now they're waiting for the results too.

when i saw the pcp i asked her if i could get a test for adrenal fatigue. it had been a while since i read up on it so i couldnt recall directly the symptoms but i remembered that there's been a link between that and thyroid troubles. she said no need for that cuz i wasnt exhibiting adrenal fatigue symptoms.

well, pffft, i just looked it up and of course adrenal fatigue symptoms sound just like what i was complaining of.

morons!!!!

its been a year and 2 months that i've been dealing with absolute moron doctors and i'm sick of it!!!!!!!!!

MORONS!!!!!!!!!

i just wanted to vent. thanks for listening.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-09-2006, 04:18 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

SarahF HB User
Re: i really, really really hate doctors.

My pleasure to read your vent.

I'm sorry you are going through this.
Time to doctor-shop...

Old 05-09-2006, 06:04 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ASDGRMama HB User

You poor gal!! My heart goes out to you....do you by any chance see the same drs I do ?? ACK, it's so frustrating!

I'm so sorry you've been through the wringer!

I'm currently having some oddball issues right now that I hate to go in for because I know I'll get the run-around...I don't even know which dr to call; they'll just suggest I go to "the other one" anyway!

I'm beginning to realize that depression/anxiety is NOT a symptom of chronic illness...it's a result of dealing with the medical profession! UGH!

Sorry I'm not being very encouraging ! I'll be thinking of you!

Kelly

Old 05-09-2006, 06:53 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

ttc1asap HB User

I know how you feel. I went to an endo I found on the AACE website (that thinks normal is .5 - 2.5 TSH). I told him my zillion symptoms and for how long I've been dealing with them, and about my prior treatment with my RE. This endo suggested an ACTH (adrenal) test b/c of several prolonged colds I had between Dec and April and how bad they wiped me out (like the flu), and b/c of a few fainting episodes. I looked adrenal fatigue up and I had every single symptom. I told him my last TSH was 2.5 months ago and was 3.15 and I still felt horrible and keep getting sick (in fact, I have my 9th bad cold since Dec right now). I said I would like to try to get to around 1.0 TSH b/c I've read that in order to get pregnant I should be between 1-2 TSH. He mumbled that he could get me to about 1.5. OK, fine. So it takes over a week to get the ACTH results. He tells me that's fine, and that my thyroid is fine @ 3.84 TSH and leaves me at that. Hmmm - didn't I just tell him that I felt HORRIBLE @ 3.15?!? Then I found out he only tested TSH. What a waste of time and money seeing him. I called the next day and asked what I was supposed to do - feel horrible at this level?!? I begged to go back on .075 mg - somehow he let me and said to get tested in 5 weeks. I think I either need T3 or something other than Synthroid, or maybe I have something else going on. Anyway, I plan on finding another endo but it seems like I'll have to audition them first! Sigh. I even asked my RE (who handled my thyroid treatment crazily) about going back to .075mg but he said no, doesn't want me to go hypo again (he started me out on .100 when I was @ 6.34 TSH w/elevated FT4, T3 uptake, TgAB then went down in dosage every 2 wks then took me off meds for a month when I went hyper!). He said I was mid-range normal @ 3.15. Whatever - not going back to him either.
GL!!!!

Old 05-09-2006, 07:04 PM   #5
(female)

StuckInIllinois HB User

Scoot,

I do, I do, I do, too! I really do.
Sending you a big (((((hug)))))

Hope things get better and soon.

Closed Thread