It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2006, 04:50 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

MAD MAZ HB User
hashi's and R.A

Does anyone with hashi's have problems with your joints, I have been having pain in my hips, my back and my ankle.I have had blood test it said **ABNORMAL** (serum rheumatoid) value 37 units iu/mL range(<18 U) status NK
Does this look like i do have R.A...... many thanks...Mandy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-10-2006, 07:25 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

midwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB User
Re: hashi's and R.A

I can't interpret your test result, but maybe someone over on the Arthritis board can. Did you ask there?
You probably know that having one autoimmune disease, like Hashi's, predisposes you to having others, like RA.
I hope you don't have it, Mad.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-10-2006, 09:25 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

MAD MAZ HB User

midwest1 Thanks,I have now copy and pasted on to the Arthritis board.
Is there many on the thyroid board that have R.A.....Mandy

Old 05-10-2006, 03:16 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

ttc1asap HB User

Before I found out I was hypothyroid (Hashimoto's) I had very painful and stiff ankles for all of last summer. I thought it was from exercise b/c I hadn't done as much as I usually do each year (now I know why I was so fatigued). But, I would still wake up with really stiff, painful ankles even if I hadn't exercised, and I could barely walk for about 15 minutes each morning. Since I've been on Synthroid I don't have that happen as much. I'm still not on the right dose or medication, b/c I still feel lousy and keep getting sick. I'm hoping with the right stuff my ankles will stop acting up. For a while last summer I also could not stand having blankets (even a sheet) on top of my ankles. I have other aches and pains but this ankle thing stood out.

Last edited by ttc1asap; 05-10-2006 at 03:17 PM.

Closed Thread