It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2006, 06:59 AM   #1
(female)

MCKMN HB User
Unhappy Still fighting Fatigue.. WHY??

I just got my new labs back, and they look great! Here they are!

TSH 1.42
T3 3.2
T4 1.2

I was DX'd with Hashimoto, and I am now on 75 mcg of Synthroid.. Endo Upped it from 50, hoping this would help with Fatigue, and so far, it is not helping in that aspect Does anyone have any tips or advise on combating this? Part of me is wondering if it is even my thyroid causing the fatigue. I was tested for Anemia, and that looks good.. So I am clueless as too why I am so darn tired!

I don't go back for another 6 months too see Endo, and frankly.. Not sure I can hold out another 6 months with Fatigue like this.

Anyone have any thoughts on why I am still fighting this fatigue? HELP!!

Missy

Old 05-11-2006, 07:55 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

illmakeit HB User
Re: Still fighting Fatigue.. WHY??

Hi Missy, Sorry you are so tired!!

It takes a long time, according to Midwest, for the meds to work.
Midwest1 -5/11/06 -on another thread:
"Only a few micrograms of the pill you take each day is absorbed into your cells. The rest is excreted. The amount that the cells absorb builds up slowly, over a period of weeks. It takes at least 6 weeks for any particular dose to have its full effect, and it usually takes several dose increases for the optimal dose to be reached. After that optimal dose is reached, it takes several months for the body to heal from the damage it incurred during the time it was hypoT."

SO..........we have to be patient (I AM NOT EITHER) and wait about 6 weeks to see where we are then. See if you can get the doc to order labs for 6 weeks after you started taking the new dose. Mine did this, I already have the papers ordering them for "6/20/06 or later". IF you are still tired by then, make an appt and INSIST he do something!
Take care.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-11-2006, 08:53 AM   #3
(female)

jillian357 HB User

Hi Missy,
I just wanted to reply to let you know you are NOT alone in your frustration over being dog tired!

I too have Hashimoto's (diagnosed last month, started 50 mcg of Synthroid the next day) and I am exhausted! Like you, I am wondering WHY I am so tired, when I used to be the type of person who was go-go-go all day long.

I am finding with the course of treatment I will have good days and bad days....from what I can figure part of that is just the disease itself.

It is terribly frustrating when you eat right, drink lots of water, get your exercise...and feel like a zombie walking throughout the day.

Hang in there, hopefully things will be looking up for you soon!

Jill

Old 05-11-2006, 09:32 AM   #4
(female)

MCKMN HB User

I really hope so Jillian... Cause this is just NUTS! I was never really go, go,go.. I mean yeah Active, but not overly so. However Iused too have areally STRONG mind,and I no longer seem too have that anymore. Hard too think most days.. I can see why ppl get depressed now Sucks when you cannot function properly.

I was thinking there was something more serious wrong with me, I gues I figured the meds and diet were a sure fix, I am leanring SLOWLY this is not the case *sigh*..

Thank you Ladies for you replies and support! It means alot too me!

Old 05-11-2006, 09:39 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

illmakeit HB User

Yes it is NUTS!! I WAS go, go, go - now I am huh? huh? huh? and it is a VERY SLOW road to travel in getting back to where we were!

Keep venting - it's a help for the depression!

Old 05-11-2006, 09:56 AM   #6
(female)

MCKMN HB User

ROFLMAO....... Huh? Huh? Huh?........... OOOOOOOOO that is so good! Love it... Thanks for the giggle! I needed it!

Old 05-11-2006, 09:58 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

Deb123 HB User

Have you have your adrenals tested? I found more relief from the fatigue with adrenal support than I have thyroid support.

Deb

Old 05-11-2006, 10:21 AM   #8
(female)

MCKMN HB User

Ya know... I had a ACTH test done, is this adrenal test?

Is there anything I can do naturally too help with Adrenal fatigue? Maybe I will research this as well...

Last edited by MCKMN; 05-11-2006 at 10:22 AM.

Old 05-11-2006, 10:45 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

illmakeit HB User

ok, missy, I'm as usual. What is ROFLMAO?

I started to research the adrenal glands - kind of got side tracked. I remember one IMPORTANT thing - don't be hyper or hypo - get your thyroid hormones normal to keep from having problems - yeah, with these docs, sometimes it is really difficult.

Deb - what is adrenal support?

Old 05-11-2006, 11:11 AM   #10
(female)

MCKMN HB User

Rolling On Floor Laughing My A$$ Off .........

Old 05-11-2006, 12:28 PM   #11
(female)

also2tired HB User

I am hypoT, and I am still fighting fatigue, too. I am discouraged because I feel like I will never get better. I did a saliva test which indicated that I have adrenal fatigue, but I am wondering if I could have thrown my test results off because I woke up several hours before I was supposed to take the first saliva sample, and I just couldn't go back to sleep...Anyway, I tried Cortef and got up to 10 mg, but I didn't feel any better at all. I was dizzy almost all the time while I was on the Cortef, but the very day that I stopped taking it, the dizziness went away. (I took it for 2 weeks.) I am now trying licorice root, and some panax ginseng, but I haven't noticed any difference. I have been taking licorice for about a month now, but I am not sure if the dosage is right, etc. No matter what I do, though, I am still tired! From what I could tell from my doctor's comments, just about all of his patients seem to get much better after a few months, but I'm not... He is clueless what to do now for me. So, you aren't alone in feeling the way you do. I'm in the same boat with you.

Old 05-11-2006, 01:05 PM   #12
(female)

MCKMN HB User

I just read an article about Licorice! and it mentioned Adrenals... I just started my 75mcg this past Sunday, and I planned on giving it 2 months before I called him. I guess after reading, I am going too have too wait, and be patient...

I never had a saliva test, I did a 24 hr urine test.. they said it was normal

My DHEA were in the HIGH end of normal, but still considered normal....

I hope our boat does not capsize *lol* on us!

Sorry you are feeling poopie too!

Closed Thread