It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2006, 04:43 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

YMARTINEZ HB User
Tingling in head and throughout body

I have so many symptoms, when a new one pops up, I'm not sure whether to brush it off as another thryoid symptom or have it checked out.

Anyone get tingling sensation in their head or other parts of the body, I get kind of a tightness on top or side of my head /scalp(kinda feels like the beginning of goose bumps) but will stay tight for a few seconds. I also get it in my arms or legs and will actually see various little goose bump looking things...

I've had the tingling fingers before , which feels more like they are asleep, this one is a little different, anyone in the same boat??????

Old 05-15-2006, 05:31 PM   #2
(female)

4fabfelines HB User
Arrow Re: Tingling in head and throughout body

have the doctor check you calcium levels or eat some calcium supplements. I had the same thing happen after surgery. The parathyroid glands were disturbed and they regulate calcium.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-15-2006, 07:01 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

sparkie HB User
Re: Tingling in head and throughout body

I get tongue tingling, actually it is more like a fizzy feeling on my tongue. I Googled it, and came up with "metabolic disorder".

Old 05-15-2006, 07:37 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

YMARTINEZ HB User

Sparkie,
How are you doin lately? I had a really good weekend , symptom free( I could really get used to this) The funny thing about it is right before I started feeling normal again, I was super hot (not usual for me)with fast heartbeat , for about half a day almost like i could feel my thyroid sputtering back to life. weird

Anyways, I haven't experience the tongue tingling thing but it sounds pretty close to what I am feeling only mine is on my head.....
I know you said you thought your thryoiditis could be viral, will you be seeing a doctor to confirm? I will be seeing the new endo on July 26, and I am going to ask about how to diagnose someone w/ hashis but negative antibodies

Old 05-16-2006, 05:50 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

jennyVee HB UserjennyVee HB User

oh my I had the same s exact symptons and it was anxiety, it went away after i started celexa, i thought i had a tumor or MS, but its so wierd i have been on celexa and it took that away really quiclk, havent felt it in 3 months since i have been on celexa

Old 05-16-2006, 05:56 AM   #6
(female)

Shayla25 HB User

That does sound exactly like anxiety. Probably since you've had the problems with your thyroid you're very sensitive now to everything that's going on in your body. The best idea, however, is to get it checked to ease your mind.

Old 05-16-2006, 09:22 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

ASDGRMama HB User

Could be paresthesias which are common in hashimoto's (and other autoimmune diseases).

I used to get those odd sensations before treatment. I still get tingly and numb but it's usually due to tunnel syndromes and hyperT flare-ups (I don't know what it is about the flare-ups that cause me to feel that way though). It affects my arms, legs, hands and feet.

Kelly

Old 05-16-2006, 10:03 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

shayla that is aslo true i ued to get tingling and pins/needles sensations on my head and after starting celexa it went away, however when my arms completely numb up during sleep its definatley that i am taking too little synthroid, so check your levels, it could be any of the 2 mentioned, godo luck

Old 05-16-2006, 05:41 PM   #9
(female)

Charis34 HB User

I had those exact sensations prior to diagnosis (along with a lot of other common symptoms) and to me it felt like anxiety, in fact that was the reason I went to see the gp, I was also depressed and altogether thought I was in need of psychological help. My wonderful doctor suspected I had a thyroid problem and as it transpired I was extremely hypo (FT4 was considerably under lab range). Within a couple of weeks of starting thyroxine, they reduced greatly. Are you on meds?

Old 05-16-2006, 05:46 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi charis, i am glad you found what was wrong with you, anyway from my experience alot of pscychiatrist send there ptients to get thyroid tests, they did it to me many times, but i didnt develop this thyroid mess till i had my first baby, but anxiety does definately cause the tingling.

Old 05-16-2006, 05:47 PM   #11
Inactive
(female)

YMARTINEZ HB User

No, I am not on meds, and have never experienced anxiety prior to all of this thryoid stuff happening. They think my "thyroiditis " is viral since my antibodies are not elevated. Hopefully it just temporary, but after 10 months of being sick , I am beginning to feel as though this could be permanent.

Thanks, everyone for your replies, this is very helpful and reassuring to me

Old 05-16-2006, 05:54 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi, my anxiety has definately gotten worst after my thyrodi mess, it comes with the territory, hopefully it will get better for you good luck

Closed Thread