It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2006, 09:36 AM   #1
(female)

christine25 HB User
Thyroid and Mucus

I want to do a quick survey.
How many of us get mucus in their throat.
or post nasal drip.
Cant stand this.

dx hashimotos may 2004

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-19-2006, 09:57 AM   #2
(female)

kathy590 HB User
Re: Thyroid and Mucus

Before my TT, I was constantly clearing my throat, I don't do that anymore.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-19-2006, 10:16 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

ttc1asap HB User

I get this A LOT. It's been really bad where I can't breathe it's so thick. For a while before Synthroid it was almost daily and real thick.
I still get it a lot, but it's thinner than it had been.
I also always have a sore throat - probably from that. Mainly it's my upper palate (constantly hurts, and that's right below some sinuses) and back of my throat. I was seeing an ENT for the throat pain and postnasal drip last year. I had severe sinus pain also. The brain MRI was good, and the CT scan showed only a small nasal polyp and mild septum deviation on the right side (the side that always hurts most). Before the ENT I had a CT with my GP and he said all my sinuses were filled but not infected and he thought that was weird, he had never seen that.
The ENT and Allergist (I had hives and chest pains for 3 months) thought I might have acid reflux, which can cause sinus problems. Of course, thyroid problems can cause acid reflux as well as several other problems.

Last edited by ttc1asap; 05-19-2006 at 10:17 AM.

Old 05-21-2006, 03:05 PM   #4
(female)

christine25 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttc1asap
I get this A LOT. It's been really bad where I can't breathe it's so thick. For a while before Synthroid it was almost daily and real thick.
I still get it a lot, but it's thinner than it had been.
I also always have a sore throat - probably from that. Mainly it's my upper palate (constantly hurts, and that's right below some sinuses) and back of my throat. I was seeing an ENT for the throat pain and postnasal drip last year. I had severe sinus pain also. The brain MRI was good, and the CT scan showed only a small nasal polyp and mild septum deviation on the right side (the side that always hurts most). Before the ENT I had a CT with my GP and he said all my sinuses were filled but not infected and he thought that was weird, he had never seen that.
The ENT and Allergist (I had hives and chest pains for 3 months) thought I might have acid reflux, which can cause sinus problems. Of course, thyroid problems can cause acid reflux as well as several other problems.
Thats similar to how I feel, and I also get facial puffiness too, do you get that also?

I have been evaleated by an ENT and had all the tests done, i dont have any sinus probs acoording to them or allergies. ent dx me with vasaomotor rhinitis, but sprays didnt help.
I tried Nexium for acid reflux and i got hyper symptoms, and depression, im kinda afaraid of that stuff...

Dont know exactally what to do at this point...

SOmthings up with my thyroid,,,i also have antibodies, want to get a test done for blocking ones trsab.

Christina

Old 05-21-2006, 03:29 PM   #5
(female)

Shayla25 HB User

I alternate between having the thickest mucus it makes it hard for me to breathe, to having a dry mouth so I have to drink excess amounts of water! I hate thyroids... I'm considering having mine removed.

Old 05-21-2006, 03:42 PM   #6
(female)

christine25 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shayla25
I alternate between having the thickest mucus it makes it hard for me to breathe, to having a dry mouth so I have to drink excess amounts of water! I hate thyroids... I'm considering having mine removed.
I feel the same way!
I somtimes just want them to cut it out, and take pills, but that always doesnt get rid of all the symptoms ive heard... just our luck.

Do u get a puffy face too?

I get that.

My mucus goes from thick, to dry and non existant and then I get headaches after that.

Let me know about you.

Do you have antibodies?

C

Old 05-21-2006, 04:03 PM   #7
(female)

Shayla25 HB User

The same exact thing as you. I have an antibody count of 600. (Diagnosed with Hashi's last week.)

Old 05-21-2006, 10:13 PM   #8
(female)

christine25 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shayla25
The same exact thing as you. I have an antibody count of 600. (Diagnosed with Hashi's last week.)
Wow, when you have the time I want to hear more about your story,
like how do you think you developed hashimotos in the first place?

Im sorry you must be feeling really bad right now!

What type of antibodies do you have and whats your TSH,,,,

stay in touch,,,

maybe we can help eachother,,

write me longer notes when you have more time,,,,

Old 05-22-2006, 02:24 PM   #9
(female)

Shayla25 HB User

I don't have any idea when I developed Hashi's. I didn't even know the symptoms I was having were thyroid related. I have anxiety problems, so I thought the trembling and weakness was anxiety or hypoglycemia related. I thought the fatigue and brain fog was from working full time while going to school full time. The only reason I went to the doctor a couple of weeks ago was because I found a goiter on my neck. I thought it was a tumor at first, and I knew I was going to die. I didn't want to go to the hospital, but my sister basically forced me to go - I think she was more afraid than I was. The doctor knew what it was and ran the tests. My TSH was 52 point something and he referred me to an endocrinologist. I called and made an appointment the next Monday and he ran the test again. I was diagnosed with Hashi's with a TSH then of 65, my T4 and T3 were under 1, and the antibody level was almost 600. (I'm not sure what kind of antibodies I have, but they are destroying my thyroid.) My doctor said my thyroid is basically dead, and I'll be on meds for the rest of my life. He started me on 125 mcg of Synthroid, which I hear is a large dose. He wasn't worried about the dosage size, and he seems to think I'll be completely normal when I go back in six weeks. I guess we'll see, but right now I feel anything but normal.

How about you? What's your story?

Old 05-22-2006, 04:33 PM   #10
(female)

MATYA HB User

I have to clear my throat a lot now after the TT back in Dec 2005. There is, however very little flem. It just always feels like there is something in my throat now and the Dr.'s are not sure if it's from the surgery or the GERD, even though this was not happening prior to the surg.

Closed Thread